• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Amy Winehouse dead...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Tedious troll. Get on with your "Plan B", also known as day dreaming in a shed whilst unemployed.

I'll forgive you since you are in a poorly paid contract in NW England and cannot afford to live in the South.
    That must be depressing. Try not to get an addictive illness as a result.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      . Supreme examples of these people are those that move to a different country and are so miserable that they spend their entire energy on denigrating the country that they came from.
      Haven't heard from Pooper-Scooter-Billy-No-Mates in a while.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

There seem to be 2 types of people in this world: the self-indulgent for whom everything is someone else's fault, and the self-reponsible, who if they have a problem fix it without regard to cause
        What a very simple world you believe in.

I would agree we do not demand nearly enough of people, many could do far more for themselves and would be better for it. Too easy access to welfare and loss of emphasis on individual responsibility has been very destructive.

However, the right wing idea that all human failures are due to laziness and fecklesssness is daft. Not everyone has the abilities or stability that those on here do and the reasons have at least as much to do with genetics and nurture as with free choice.

Actually it seems be the inteligent and able who have created this blame society. The pseudo leftists, (sensible lefties don't think like that), the lawyers who make a buck from it and the self seeking politicians who exploit grievances to gain power.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Having been in the industry myself I know what a mad mixed up (no pun intended) world it is. Quite frankly though, every artist I ever worked with used drugs. This is the reason why I left that miserable world behind. As with anything in life, it's all about taking risks, so if that lot are happy with the associated risk of drug abuse, then so be it. Don't expect me to give a damn when they end up overdosing.

I feel very sorry for the family, as they have been through hell.

Comment

We hear about people on welfare in the west but the stats show a hell of a lot of migrants end up on it too. Offer an easier life for less effort and a proportion are going to take advantage of it wherever they come from.

Maybe the only real solution to long term welfare is not to have any, with obvious exceptions like the genuinely disabled.

PS Re dodgy's comment on "entitlement culture" of Denmark. Just in case seems totally irrelevant.
            PPS That reminds me, where's Thready these days?
            Last edited by xoggoth; 25 July 2011, 14:01.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Liked her music. Bought a CD. That's about all.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                Liked her music. Bought a CD. That's about all.
                Do people still buy CDs?

Comment

Originally posted by PinkPoshRat View Post
                  Do people still buy CDs?
                  Old people PPR. Old people.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    Not to mention children of addicts who are born with a physical addiction.
                    It's still not a 'disease' in the true sense of the word, any more that other birth defects are.
                    The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      What a very simple world you believe in.

I would agree we do not demand nearly enough of people, many could do far more for themselves and would be better for it. Too easy access to welfare and loss of emphasis on individual responsibility has been very destructive.

However, the right wing idea that all human failures are due to laziness and fecklesssness is daft. Not everyone has the abilities or stability that those on here do and the reasons have at least as much to do with genetics and nurture as with free choice.

Actually it seems be the inteligent and able who have created this blame society. The pseudo leftists, (sensible lefties don't think like that), the lawyers who make a buck from it and the self seeking politicians who exploit grievances to gain power.
                      I am merely a simple agent. I will add however that not everyone wants to build the Cistine chapel and not everyone is born with a full deck of cards. But in society, every able bodied and able minded person should made to work and to take responsibility for the decisions that they make. This should be ingrained in people just as the welfare dependent Danes have it ingrained that they should not have to take responsibility for anything. This would leave welfare provision just for those who really need it (the mentally and terminally ill- even Steven Hawkins works).

If you want to be lazy and not work very hard then do a low paid job or be an IT contractor.

The sensible left should be concerned about the creation of monopolies, corruption and the concentration of excessive power in the hands of too few individuals and corporations.

read this from Charles Moore (as right as you can get)

I'm starting to think that the Left might actually be right - Telegraph

The rich run a global system that allows them to accumulate capital and pay the lowest possible price for labour. The freedom that results applies only to them. The many simply have to work harder, in conditions that grow ever more insecure, to enrich the few. Democratic politics, which purports to enrich the many, is actually in the pocket of those bankers, media barons and other moguls who run and own everything.

Unfortunately left wing doctrine is built upon a culture of envy and entitlement. If the left could embrace capitalism and concentrate on reigning back the excesses of capitalism then they would have little political opposition.
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X