• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company insists I contract via an agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    They're you go OP. What an offer.

Dodgy Agent will run the contract for you and pay you 5%. Result.
    MF you would make a brilliant agent
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
      The cheapest I ever got was 6%.
      5% is DA's "no frills" service. No recruitment floozie to wine and dine you, make your own timesheets, negotiate your own extension, pay for a ticket to the DA Xmas party,

or should I call it "Easyscrew" ?
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Approach them with a fixed priced option that clearly shows the difference between your Ltd and agency route.

I've yet to meet a company that throws cash into the fire when faced with the first hand.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Approach them with a fixed priced option that clearly shows the difference between your Ltd and agency route.

I've yet to meet a company that throws cash into the fire when faced with the first hand.
          Yes, but is it worth it to then be lumbered with the clientco payment terms and AP department.

Comment

The client doesn't really care that much as it's not costing them any extra. These handling costs are coming out of the available daily pot.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              The client doesn't really care that much as it's not costing them any extra. These handling costs are coming out of the available daily pot.
              Yes, and as JamJarST points out, you may end up getting paid later and/or have to hassle ClientCo's purchasing department to get paid.

My second direct client would normally take 6 months to pay. That was OK because it was a very good rate and I had the cashflow to cover it, but it was a hassle.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Discussed employees!
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Discussed employees!
                  We talked about it for a while, why?

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    MF you would make a brilliant agent
                    I have no grandparents left alive to sell.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      I have no grandparents left alive to sell.
                      Children?

Comment

Working...
                      X