• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wandsworth

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Oh dear! The green monster shows its ugly head.
    Never mind SB, if you manage your overdraft properly this month, maybe you can replace a tiny bit of thatch on your hovel.
    Like I would swap my extensive views of Lyme Bay for the opportunity of seeing Battersea Power Station through the smog!

Dream on!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I might buy Lyme Bay soon, the way prices are rising where I am ...
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Looks like sasguru is onto a winner.

You can't beat bricks and mortar, house prices only ever go up, etc.

Personally I'd wait a few months until prices hit £2M, sell up and leave the country. By then £2M will buy a nice big villa overlooking the Med, sod Lyme Bay!

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
          I think quite a few people live there at her majesty's pleasure Not sure how much they're paying for the privelidge though - oh hang on we pay for that don't we...
          Last edited by Jog On; 20 July 2011, 13:02.
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Looks like sasguru is onto a winner.

You can't beat bricks and mortar, house prices only ever go up, etc.

Personally I'd wait a few months until prices hit £2M, sell up and leave the country. By then £2M will buy a nice big villa overlooking the Med, sod Lyme Bay!
            Don't need to sell up. Buying retirement property (nice villa) in Oporto. Lots of distress sales in Portugal.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Don't need to sell up. Buying retirement property (nice villa) in Oporto. Lots of distress sales in Portugal.
              How rich are you again?

Sorry I forgot!
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Lots of distress sales in Portugal.
                Any examples?

Hopefully the law over there is less corrupt than Spain when it comes to owning property.
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Yeah, but to be fair, the mass panic only started after you registered your details with local Estate Agents.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                    Any examples?

Hopefully the law over there is less corrupt than Spain when it comes to owning property.
                    But when the governement needs an injection in to the coffers but doesn't want to pi$$ off the voting natives.. Where they going to come calling?

Comment

Working...
                    X