• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shortage of IT staff in Germany

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    So where do agencies acting on behalf of German recruiters place ads for IT staff?
    I was advised here to register with GULP and pay them. I took that advice, and eventually was successful. GULP is a big agency in Germany as well as a site which other agents use.

However, my German colleagues tell me they get loads more offers on XING, which is the German equivalent of LinkedIn. Anybody tried XING?
    Der going over der to get der der's.

Comment

I'm on XING but keep forgetting to check it (really must update my profile.) I've had some offers through it but nothing I'm interested in but you don't get the same level of crap that you do from Linkedin, i.e.

Hello
      We are looking for DB2 UDB Administrator for our Client at Somerset, NJ / Rensselaer, NY Please let me know your interest and send me your resume ASAP at laxmi@itscient(dot)com or call me 510-972-52 two seven
      Yep, he didn't read my profile properly.

I use GULP quite a lot, also pay, and have been quite succesfull and have actually worked for GULP directly on small projects.
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
      X