• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

places to live in cardiff...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Janey in Cardiff, DaveB in Cardiff and St Mellons.

Damn, I know there is a joke in there somewhere, I just cant put my finger on it
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
      Janey in Cardiff, DaveB in Cardiff and St Mellons.

Damn, I know there is a joke in there somewhere, I just cant put my finger on it
      "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

I live in Penarth and fortunately the chavs have all moved to Newport or Barry. There's loads of rental props around the bay or by the marina in Penarth. Bay has come along way over the last few years and now has decent places to eat/drink etc. Most of the pondlife still sticks to the city centre at weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by SAPBoy
          I live in Penarth and fortunately the chavs have all moved to Newport or Barry. There's loads of rental props around the bay or by the marina in Penarth. Bay has come along way over the last few years and now has decent places to eat/drink etc. Most of the pondlife still sticks to the city centre at weekends.
          Does is still have that semi-derelict building next to the beach that serves a wonderful post-pissup Sunday morning fryup ?

Comment

Originally posted by janey
            or is living in the bay any good?
            You'll get wet doing that.

I'll always remember Cardiff for the names of one of its suburbs - Splott which was probably named after an accident the map drawer had when he saw how big St Mellons was.

Haven't been there for a while but always remember the centre for getting a bit rough - supposed to of calmed down since I left.

Comment

Originally posted by janey
              Who'd have thought I studied english literature!
              Not guilty.

Comment

The Bay had a really bad mosquito problem a few years ago (serious - something to do with the trapped water going a bit stagnant).

Venture up into The Valleys if you want to see some 'Life on Mars' sights.
                Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

thanks for all the tips guys

sounds like the city centre should be avoided and the bay or the countryside are the places to look.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                    Not guilty.
                    saucer of milk for wendigo!

Comment

Working...
                    X