• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hitch hiking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

Second best, shirley?

Looks like Test Manglers wife.... But not quite as hairy.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Looks like Test Manglers wife.... But not quite as hairy.
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

If I have had a few beers up in London and get the train back to where I live in the sticks, I often order an Indian takeaway to be delivered, then turn up at the place and ask for a lift home with the delivery. I chuck them a couple of quid, they're happy, I get a ride home and a curry for a tenner... Result! normal taxi is £9

Comment

What a genius you are JoJoGabor! Not that I ever splash out on a curry but next time I order a takeway Piza I shall demand a ride on the moped handlebars.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
            Many years ago the younger and more naive Cliphead would get fed up with whatever boring job I was treading water in and pack a rucksack and just bugger off to the nearest motorway. No clear destination was just happy to go wherever the driver was going and see where I ended up.

Met some very interesting people, met people who became friends, saw places I didn't think I would see and generally had a great time. A very few dodgy experiences but handled easily.

Got a lift in a Rolls Royce, a lift all the way from Barcelona to Glasgow including a free ferry ride, same on a trip back from Ireland by entertaining the crew with country songs, even got a job. It really was almost a lifestyle.

The few times I travel on the motorways I never see hitch hikers, what's changed?
            I think people are more wary nowadays that they may get a lift all the way from Barcelona to Glasgow.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              I think people are more wary nowadays that they may get a lift all the way from Barcelona to Glasgow.

You could be right...
              Me, me, me...

Comment

I saw a couple earlier on my way home, they were on the main trunk road into town holding out a sign that just read 'Tescos' which is about 3 miles from where they stood.

If there was a puddle I'd have swerved to go through it, lazy feckers.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  That reminds me of the neighbour plus mate who set off for a cycling holiday in France.

They got on the wrong boat and ended up in Morocco.

They ended up working in a bar cum knocking shop and selling funny baccy to Yanks at an enormous profit.

But that was in the 60s.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    I saw a couple earlier on my way home, they were on the main trunk road into town holding out a sign that just read 'Tescos' which is about 3 miles from where they stood.

If there was a puddle I'd have swerved to go through it, lazy feckers.
                    Maybe they were a demonstration demanding a new Tesco's.

Comment

Working...
                    X