• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gordon Brown on TV today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suspect he is hitting the booze, really hard.

Comment

Someone get Gok Wan on the phone and tell him we have a job for him.

Comment

I kind of feel sorry for Brown, not because he got royaly shafted by his party and the electorate but because he was allowed to get away with being a bully for so long and his personality got warped.

I do not believe for one second they hacked his phone to find out his son's condition, doctors will not leave messages of diagnosis on answering services and I doubt people were phoning him up and leaving messages on the lines of "Hi Gordon it is Tony, can you get those figures to me, sorry to here your son was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis"

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          I kind of feel sorry for Brown, not because he got royaly shafted by his party and the electorate but because he was allowed to get away with being a bully for so long and his personality got warped.

I do not believe for one second they hacked his phone to find out his son's condition, doctors will not leave messages of diagnosis on answering services and I doubt people were phoning him up and leaving messages on the lines of "Hi Gordon it is Tony, can you get those figures to me, sorry to here your son was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis"
          They may not have gotten the info from phone hacking, but that doesnt really matter.
          what matters is that they published it

thats a bit cr@p really

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            They may not have gotten the info from phone hacking, but that doesnt really matter.
            what matters is that they published it

thats a bit cr@p really

"In the public interest" is the line that gets used often. Do I think Wayne Rooney pumping a fat slapper is in the "public interest"? no.

Do I think the person running the country's finances has a child with a debilitating disease requiring constant medical attention is of "public interest"? yes.

Brown seems more upset about the details of his son's condition being leaked than his son's condition.

Comment

I suspect he is hitting the booze, really hard.
              Ironic if so because it's said that when he turned up to parties as an undergraduate, booze was the one thing he didn't have in his carrier bag - It was a brick.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Brown seems more upset about the details of his son's condition being leaked than his son's condition.
                now thats a stretch.

Its possible to have a grievous situation made worse by having it made public knowledge.

attack Brown by all means , fair and foul, but leave his kids out of it

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                X