• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hired car scam

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
    Who hires a fiesta-class car anyway? Surely that's a sure sign that you're a loser, and that they can dump any old carp on you?

I had absolutely no problems with the E-class that I hired in S.A. this year. Other than it wasnt a 5-series as requested.
    WHS. I always go for a fook off big 4x4, biggest they have. I wouldn't want to be amongst Spanish drivers in a Fiesta. Death wish.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      WHS. I always go for a fook off big 4x4, biggest they have. I wouldn't want to be amongst Spanish drivers in a Fiesta. Death wish.
      All sorted - Managed to speak to somebody from the company who was happy to give me her email address.

Sent the pics I ok of oil filled engine bay to Company Director who agreed to refund all charges. They wrongly assumed clutch neglect, instead of getting mchanic to inspect the car.

Just a case of waiting to see if the money does indeed materialise into my account.........

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
        The car was riddled with panel damage and scratches, the bumber was not secured correctly, but now noticed that not all are noted on the contract form (as there are too many damages to get correctly logged!!)
        Well, you shouldn't have been such a ejit and taken the car they were offering. If it was that tulipe, you should have left it there.
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Credit Card

The key thing in your favour is that you paid via your credit card. I worked on credit card for around 8 years so know a fair amount about the process, especially chargebacks.

What your credit card company has done is called a chargeback - essentially they are disputing the transaction(s) with the company.

Next steps from here are car company can either accept the chargeback and it disappears from your card. Or, they can say the transaction was correct, they have to provide more infomation (signed contracts, info on what happened etc). At this stage your credit card company will then consult you and you can either reject what they say and they charge it back again or accept the transactions.

If it goes back to the car company, they have a final opportunity to defend themselves, otherwise it goes up to Visa / Mastercard to decide upon where the transactions should go. They usually tend to favour the cardholder and the fact your credit card company have taken on the chargeback is a good sign as there is a risk to them that they may end up taking the hit.

The above can take a bit of time as each stage, the side has (I think from memory) around 21 days to respond and in my experience, will try to take the 21 days.

Sounds like it is going to get sorted and you will get the money back.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            Well, you shouldn't have been such a ejit and taken the car they were offering. If it was that tulipe, you should have left it there.
            wcms

Comment

Working...
            X