• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interview question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surely, we all only have one meaningful site in our lives - CUK.

OP, when asked this question by interviewers you should use it as an opportunity to sell CUK to them.

Comment

I spend an embarrassing amount of time on connectionstrings.com

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post

I often ask that one when I'm interviewing - not really looking for a 'correct' answer ...
        If you ever find yourself interviewing NickFitz, I'd ask something else if you don't want to be there for two days.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          If you ever find yourself interviewing NickFitz, I'd ask something else if you don't want to be there for two days.
          Lol.

To be honest, don't ask him anything about anything if you don't want to be there for two days.

In answer to the OP, I have never ever been asked about what websites I use. Must be specific to the role.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

After vendor sites

The Register - actually has some surprisingly good pieces on technology. Don't mention BOFH.

The Daily WTF - those who don't know history are destined to repeat it.
            Coding Horror - see both of above.

Steve Pavlina

Toms Hardware - I don't have the resources to test they do.

sql server central

ss64

petri
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              The Daily WTF - those who don't know history are destined to repeat it.
              I have a little entry in that site

I once was asked to name what sites I read on the web to keep up to date and I gave a few places, he wrote them down,

"and what was the last article you read on these sites?"

"ehh... well..."

Got the gig but the moral of the story is never over extend in an interview.

Comment

Get up and leave telling them you don't answer puerile questions with no relevance to the position
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  Get up and leave telling them you don't answer puerile questions with no relevance to the position
                  WTS

Comment

What low life said.
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Depends what the position is, doesn't it?

Comment

Working...
                      X