• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

To the poster that was going long USD

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To the poster that was going long USD

a few months ago, when everyone else told him he was nuts:

well done!

re

That was almost a year ago I think, and he bought at around 1.9 ish which means he's have made more had he stuck his money in the bank!

Comment

Re: re

Doesn't seem very good to me.

If you had converting £100k when the exchange rate was 1.91 it would have given you $191,000. With the exchange rate at 1.78, that converts to £107,303.37. Obvioulsy you would earn some interest on the money while it is sat about waiting for the rates to drop.

A better bet would have been to put your $191,000 into property over there and cash in on the housing boom and then take advantage of the exchange rates when converting back.

Comment

Re: re

It wasn't a year ago - more like 3 months. He probably made money if he didn't bail out too soon.

I thought it was a good idea at the time but didn't put my money where my mouth was.

Comment

Working...
        X