• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone on here have a life?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    So are you openly admitting to killing bikers with your 'huge 4x4'?

Nope. Maybe I don't even own a 4x4, this is the internet after all.

Nearest I've come to killing a biker is chasing one down a nice twisty A road (A507 near Baldock, near Stevenage, near London, IIRC) Mad Max style. Not sure if he kept looking back to see if he'd shaken me or if he was wondering what I was driving. It was a Lotus Exige Mk1 that at the time was very rare as they'd only just started making them so I'm inclined to think the latter.

Then again, maybe I didn't. This is the internet after all, and bowls of spaghetti weren't on the options list back then.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
      It was a Lotus Exige Mk1 that at the time was very rare .
      Indeed rare. I helped a friend do an Audi 20V turno conversion in his MK1 Exige. Very quick car after that, circa 350bhp.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
        Indeed rare. I helped a friend do an Audi 20V turno conversion in his MK1 Exige. Very quick car after that, circa 350bhp.

That must be mental. Must have (or need) a good traction control system with all that power in a car weighing around 800kg.

I thought the standard ~180bhp was good enough for road use. Used to enjoy trackdays with it but didn't really have the balls or talent to really go for it, the car made me look better than I really was.

Biggest mistake I made was turning up at a client site in it when my normal car was in for repairs. I'm sure the management moved my name up a few places when it came to culling the contractors, for being too flash in front of the permies. Lesson learnt, now I'm the poor contractor who has to drive a 2 grand shed.
        Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

That must be mental. Must have (or need) a good traction control system with all that power in a car weighing around 800kg.

I thought the standard ~180bhp was good enough for road use. Used to enjoy trackdays with it but didn't really have the balls or talent to really go for it, the car made me look better than I really was.

Biggest mistake I made was turning up at a client site in it when my normal car was in for repairs. I'm sure the management moved my name up a few places when it came to culling the contractors, for being too flash in front of the permies. Lesson learnt, now I'm the poor contractor who has to drive a 2 grand shed.

It was pretty mental, but mega fast though up to 100mph. We ripped all the Emerald ECU out and the supercharger and put the Audi unit in with a new ECU, with a load of bastardised parts from all sorts of cars.

I used to turn up in a £30K Skyline GTR at one of the contracts, but I found the opposite where the perms seemed to like it, and I managed a good stint there too. Takes all sorts...

Comment

Nope. Maybe I don't even own a 4x4, this is the internet after all.

In that case, if I see your large 4x4 with it's roadkill encrusted bull-bars approaching my exposed head at high speed, I'll simply use my dylithium crystal-powered jet-pack and tax-disc mounted rocket boosters to initiate an evasive action
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

It would appear I'm doing quite well then.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                It would appear I'm doing quite well then.
                Just get yourself out there and buy a boat.

Go into a boat broker, find the biggest one you can see and ask the salesman if it's got a cup holder and will it make women want to touch your cock.

Comment

Just get yourself out there and buy a boat.

Go into a boat broker, find the biggest one you can see and ask the salesman if it's got a cup holder and will it make women want to touch your cock.
                  I would quite like to build a boat actually, perhaps I'll do it with my son when he's older.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    I would quite like to build a boat actually, perhaps I'll do it with my son when he's older.

All joking aside, building a boat is a really good thing to do.

I built one with a mate a few years ago and it was a really good project, although once you cost it and plan it time wise, multiply both estimates by about 10

If you're any good with fibreglass and resin, it's not particularly difficult, but very satisfying when it ends up in the water and doesn't sink Learing to work with fibreglass doesn't take long (or much practice really) if you understand, technically, how it works.

Comment

All joking aside, building a boat is a really good thing to do.

I built one with a mate a few years ago and it was a really good project, although once you cost it and plan it time wise, multiply both estimates by about 10

If you're any good with fibreglass and resin, it's not particularly difficult, but very satisfying when it ends up in the water and doesn't sink Learing to work with fibreglass doesn't take long (or much practice really) if you understand, technically, how it works.
                      I've fibreglassed a few old bangers before, but was thinking of a wooden dinghy. My dad has built several so should be able to supervise us, and I still have his books with plans in somewhere. I'd buy modern aluminium rigging though, so it'll just be the hull. I reckon something 12-15ft should be fairly doable and quite good fun.

Comment

Working...
                      X