• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone on here own a hot tub?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The neighbours have bought one of these

Lay Z Spa Premium XL Inflatable Hot Tub

They're actually really good and my missus and kids keep popping next door to use it. About £400-£500 quid.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      Aren't hot tubs hugely tacky?

I really don't get them - isn't a bath easier?
      I'm not sure if they're tacky. I think they've got a certain 1980's cheese about them perhaps, but for me, I would sooner have one than a swimming pool - swimming bores me to tears.

We have a Jacuzzi bath too, but even though its a bit bigger than the norm, I'm 6'2 and have big shoulders, so I can never get comfy and end up getting frustrated and getting out more annoyed than when I got in it.

A small anecdote about a friend of a friend who has a tub, and she brings back a different bloke every week for 'hot tub' action apparently - I know her next door neighbour, who tells me there's more spunk in there than water

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
        A small anecdote about a friend of a friend who has a tub, and she brings back a different bloke every week for 'hot tub' action apparently - I know her next door neighbour, who tells me there's more spunk in there than water
        Anecdote - short and amusing story. Not sure tales of a spunk filled hot tub is an anecdote.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
          I'm not sure if they're tacky. I think they've got a certain 1980's cheese about them perhaps, but for me, I would sooner have one than a swimming pool - swimming bores me to tears.

We have a Jacuzzi bath too, but even though its a bit bigger than the norm, I'm 6'2 and have big shoulders, so I can never get comfy and end up getting frustrated and getting out more annoyed than when I got in it.

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
          Anecdote - short and amusing story. Not sure tales of a spunk filled hot tub is an anecdote.

I'm guessing she doesnt have one of these then

Jill-Jet
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

Jill-Jet
            I don't think I want to click on that link.
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
              Ah Go On.

Go On, Go On, Go On.

Go On, Go On, Go On, Go On, Go On, Go On, Go On.

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

Jill-Jet
                I suppose hot tubs aren't that tacky. Might get one. Ahem.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

One piece of advice, place it in the shade if you can and more obviously away from prying neighbours

I've got mine set up so I can sit in it and work on my laptop if I want to be really geeky, and its shaded enough I wont get burnt if I stay out there at midday
                  Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                    oh jeez. I clicked.

now I have to have one. must get one

must get the Freddie.jet version

is this the hot tub
                    is this just fantasy
                    caught in a whirlpool
                    no escape from jet-bumosity

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...