• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

.NET and destructors!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's (LOSFormatter) pretty interesting thing actually - I need to do more communication between machines and it was rather annoying to create XML for class then manually copy from object data into it,

The only thing that bothers me is that it seems to be part of ASP.NET - something I am not using as I don't want to depend upon IIS - I've written my own mini webserver and it has got some pretty big advantages one of which is portability - works fine on other platforms.

Have you come across with anything similar that is noT ASP.NET related? I think I've seen somewhere possibility to mark classes as serialiseable to save/load them.

Comment

Sure you can mark classes as Serializable, then place attributes on properties etc to mark them as Elements, Attributes etc, and implement custom serialisation... example

But, I would think you could use LOSFormatter and ignore IIS and ASP.NET (I dont believe its dependent on IIS being installed - Ive used the ASP.Net Cache object in a Win Forms application simply by referencing the System.Web dll, and then creating an instance of the HTTPContext object. As long as you are simply calling internal methods of System.Web.UI - rather than handling HTTP requests etc - I would think you would be fine.

I wouldnt place a bet though ...
      Last edited by mcquiggd; 2 April 2006, 19:34. Reason: Typos and added Hperlink
      Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Well managed to get through to the third and final interview stage... really like the feel of the company, very technically oriented, jeans and t-shirts and flexi time but work hard... and then right afterwards I viewed a flat thats a five minute walk away and took it, lovely brand new place and £200 a month less than the one im in now...

A successful day
        Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Congrats! Now you owe me £100 for giving you confidence to pass the interview!

Comment

Wanna bet...?
            Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
              Wanna bet...?
              I bet (only you can accept this bet) £5 that you not will gift me £10 within an hour?
              Last edited by AtW; 4 April 2006, 16:34.

Comment

I will 'gift' you a fiver Alexei, but only if you give me a peerage for it....

(I bet you wont... )
                Vieze Oude Man

Comment

I dont bet anymore...

Comment

Working...
                  X