• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So bored with CUK I've gone and begun a subscription with The Times

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No annoying advert telling me 'Expat abroad, you need an account with £$bl32'
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Not paying for news. Hoping I'm paying for quality journalism, the Guardian and Torygraph are becoming so repetitive and predictable.
      They've all gone down the drain in the last couple of years.

I was paying for the Times or the Mail a few weeks ago, to read on the tube, thinking a freebie like the Metro must be a worthless rag.

But I've stopped now, having found the Metro is as good, or no less bad, than the others.

Buying papers is a mug's game now.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        Buying papers is a mug's game now.
        I bought 2 rolls yesterday. I suppose I could have gone to macdonalds instead.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Giles Coren

He tells it like it is.

Giles Coren reviews Massimo, London SW1

The dining room is vast and made of marble. The ceiling is so high that if you brought the Hubble telescope in here it would eventually start beaming back images of the cornicing only long after your grandchildren had died.
          Last edited by scooterscot; 2 July 2011, 11:02.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            No annoying advert telling me 'Expat abroad, you need an account with £$bl32'

Why are you not buying local newspapers? You cannot possibly be interested in the UK after all the sweeping critical generalisations you seem to enjoy making against it.
            You are a European now and the Times is as anti Euro and anti federalist as you can get.
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              Why are you not buying local newspapers? You cannot possibly be interested in the UK after all the sweeping critical generalisations you seem to enjoy making against it.
              You are a European now and the Times is as anti Euro and anti federalist as you can get.
              It's good to absorb a wide spectrum of viewpoints & analysis, and particularly to listen to those you disagree with.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                It's good to absorb a wide spectrum of viewpoints & analysis, and particularly to listen to those you disagree with.
                Yes it is. Kind of like know thy enemy. I also read recruitment weekly "how to milk the cows into submission" and der spiegel from time to time.

Comment

Working...
                X