• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If someone calls you a 'private sector capitalist pig'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Very open to anyone who asks to say I am a private sector capitalist, actually very proud of it.

What would I say to someone who said that to me?

...best not said on here but I would be making sure the comment provoked a punch.
    Of course we agents are the morally acceptable face of capitalism
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Are the public sector employees even capable of stringing a sentence together which involves words like capitalist, private, sector etc ? They are in public sector because they are too dim witted to ace an interview in private sector.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

I get called that all the time, by my wife. Now I'd show her the door, but then who would do my washing?
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          So he's either delusional, or a woman. Or both.
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
            Are the public sector employees even capable of stringing a sentence together which involves words like capitalist, private, sector etc ? They are in public sector because they are too dim witted to ace an interview in private sector.
            A lot of them chose and easy life with a "cushy number". I was a civil service permie once and I remember the agent selling these as the main benefits. Forget career/training/fulfillment -it was all about the recession proof job for life with a golden pension. Those that chose the easy life and have been in it for most of theri careers must be pretty livid. Bit of a nasty way to learn the harsh reality that no one is responsible for your financial future than yours truly...

Maybe they should all be made to read "Rich Dad Poor Dad"
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              wim121 called me a sexist pig for suggesting that men think about sex almost constantly. So he's either delusional, or a woman. Or both.

I was balloted once whether to have a one day strike. I worked out that it would take me several years, if we won and got the pay increase we wanted, to recoup that day's loss. French strikers don't lose pay when they go on strike.
              Do they really??

(I missed that thread...)
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Was gj actually called a private sector capitalist pig or was that just the inference? If the former, I would point out that a capitalist is somebody who principally makes a living out of invested capital (and thence from the surplus arising from the alienated labour of the working class), rather than from their own labour, so that it is not applicable to the self-employed. I would then send them to a compulsory re-education camp where they would mine salt until they understood what alienation was.

Comment

Working...
                X