• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

T-Mobile

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T-Mobile

Unbelievable...

I was in the kitchen preparing dinner when the door bell rings and Mrs. BGG goes to answer it.

I carried on slicing and dicing, until I began to hear raised voices.

So I stop what I am doing and go to investigate.

I pop in to the hall, and there is this 6'2" fellow giving the missus a hard time.
    He sees me and takes a slight step backwards, then launches in to his spiel.

"Ello mate, I was jus' wondering if you'd like to save £15 a month on telephone line rental ?"

Before I could grill him on the who, what, where, when and why's, he immediately continues his spiel.

"Just sign 'ere mate, and I'll sort it out for ya, nice and easy."

I then start to ask him questions...

Me : "Er...who are you ?"

Him : "I'm from T-Mobile"

Me : "Right, so what you really mean is that if we move our domestic land line provider over to T-Mobile, lock stock and barrel, we will get cheaper line rental ?"

Him : "Oh yes Sir, most definitely. So, just sign here and it's all sorted"

Me : "I don't think so. Look, have you got any literature we can read ?"

Him : "Not really no. But if you sign here I'll make sure some gets sent to you"

Me : "No way...I know exactly what will happen...I'll sign for literature to be delivered then suddenly get a Welcome to T-Mobile letter through the door"

Him : <goes quiet>

Missus : "Last time we had a door to door Teleco salesperson come round, they signed us up to their service, without our consent."

Me : <slams the door>

Unbelievable !

Even worse, is that you need a key to get in to the apartment block, or you have to ring a buzzer to get entry (or follow someone through)...so the lyng devious scumbag now has access to everyone else's front doors. Trouble is, some of the fellow neighbours are not the smartest bunnies in the meadow (they're not old old pensioners, but just a bit dim)

Looking back I should have asked to see ID, but what with dinner cooking and my temper rising, I forgot.

Fecking lying devious oily salesman scum...I hate the lot of them
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

I'd call T Mobile and complain and also complain to ofcom. If the guy was wandering round your block, when he should not have had access then surely there has to be sombody who should carry the can.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

"Recruitment Consultants" have to get their training somewhere...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
        "Recruitment Consultants" have to get their training somewhere...
        I thought that was what Covent Garden Market was for...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek
          Unbelievable...

I was in the kitchen preparing dinner when the door bell rings and Mrs. BGG goes to answer it.

I carried on slicing and dicing, until I began to hear raised voices.

So I stop what I am doing and go to investigate.

I pop in to the hall, and there is this 6'2" fellow giving the missus a hard time.
          He sees me and takes a slight step backwards, then launches in to his spiel.

"Ello mate, I was jus' wondering if you'd like to save £15 a month on telephone line rental ?"

Before I could grill him on the who, what, where, when and why's, he immediately continues his spiel.

"Just sign 'ere mate, and I'll sort it out for ya, nice and easy."

I then start to ask him questions...

Me : "Er...who are you ?"

Him : "I'm from T-Mobile"

Me : "Right, so what you really mean is that if we move our domestic land line provider over to T-Mobile, lock stock and barrel, we will get cheaper line rental ?"

Him : "Oh yes Sir, most definitely. So, just sign here and it's all sorted"

Me : "I don't think so. Look, have you got any literature we can read ?"

Him : "Not really no. But if you sign here I'll make sure some gets sent to you"

Me : "No way...I know exactly what will happen...I'll sign for literature to be delivered then suddenly get a Welcome to T-Mobile letter through the door"

Him : <goes quiet>

Missus : "Last time we had a door to door Teleco salesperson come round, they signed us up to their service, without our consent."

Me : <slams the door>

Unbelievable !

Even worse, is that you need a key to get in to the apartment block, or you have to ring a buzzer to get entry (or follow someone through)...so the lyng devious scumbag now has access to everyone else's front doors. Trouble is, some of the fellow neighbours are not the smartest bunnies in the meadow (they're not old old pensioners, but just a bit dim)

Looking back I should have asked to see ID, but what with dinner cooking and my temper rising, I forgot.

Fecking lying devious oily salesman scum...I hate the lot of them
          Contracting and Contractors certainly aren't what they used to be:

You live in a flat rather than a mansion

You do the cooking rather than your woman

You do not have a butler to answer the door and deal with tradesmen

I'm sorry... Extermination is the only answer

Comment

Contracting and Contractors certainly aren't what they used to be:

You live in a flat rather than a mansion

You do the cooking rather than your woman

You do not have a butler to answer the door and deal with tradesmen

I'm sorry... Extermination is the only answer

Indeed !

It's so annoying when you meet people and they ask "well, what do you do ?" and when I reply "IT Contractor" they say "Ohhhh, good money" and expect you to live in the style you have described above.

Hello ? Reality check please !

They don't seem to understand that our industry has been gutted like a fish with outsourcing, and what little jobs that do remain in the UK are poorly paid.

I think I'll say I'm unemployed in future....better to be looked down on than be envied by the green-eyed monsters.
            Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek
              They don't seem to understand that our industry has been gutted like a fish with outsourcing, and what little jobs that do remain in the UK are poorly paid.
              I think many people just dont appreciate high rate tax that kicks in after 35k - they think a guy on 50k makes double that they do on 25k, which is certainly not the case if all taxes and costs taken into account.

Comment

Working...
              X