• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can I avoid IR35 this way

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sockie alert, whoop whoop whoop
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      Sockie alert, whoop whoop whoop

Calm down SuitYou, not everybody is a sockie. James is just a normal one band set up guy wanting to avoid taxes.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
        Calm down SuitYou, not everybody is a sockie. James is just a normal one band set up guy wanting to avoid taxes.
        Oh, ok then. Thanks.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
          WHS. Nothing sockie to see here.

We've all done a little dodgy accounting and tax avoidance over the years.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            WHS. Nothing sockie to see here.

We've all done a little dodgy accounting and tax avoidance over the years.
            we dont want to see it promoted or supported by the forum

in my humble opinion
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

in my humble opinion
              I agree. But if someone asks give them the why's, how's and donts. Let them make that decision.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

in my humble opinion
                I thought the point of these forums was for open discussions and to seek advice from others who may have been in the same situation!!
                I was not wanting to promote anything, simply get told - yes that is possible, oh that's a bit risky or don't even try it you will get caught.
                Therefore anyone having the same ideas in the future would not have to post as it is already on here.
                Not very encouraging for new users on the site to see others shot down so easily
                Thanks for your help and apologetics for my poor English and grammar

Comment

Could I invoice them for imaginary work?
                  It would seem daft to ask such a question on a public forum. Maybe it is an HMRC sockie trying to catch people.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    It would seem daft to ask such a question on a public forum. Maybe it is an HMRC sockie trying to catch people.
                    Humour me. What the fook is a Sockie and where else would I go to find this info? Its not like I can ask my manual labour mates down the boozer

Comment

Originally posted by jamesc77 View Post
                      where else would I go to find this info?
                      Google?
                      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                      X