• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Having a kip in the car at lunchtimes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Have you tried cracking one off?

Edit: not in the car at lunchtime, obviously.
    Why ever not?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Why ever not?

You really ought to be getting a blowie off of the directors pa.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        You really ought to be getting a blowie off of the directors pa.
        Does he take his false teeth out first?

Comment

Originally posted by zamzummim View Post
          I really think rooms for power naps are so important, in another bank we used to have a kind of a first aid room where people sneaked in for a nap if they are jet lagged or something.
          The other option is use the prayer rooms/multi- faith room, most big organisations would have one, and in fact any one including meditating Buddhist can use these rooms to meditate.
          I used to work for a big financial which had a few examination rooms with doctor's beds, pretty much every day for a year I would in there having a kip, it was when xbox live just came out and I was up every night playing rainbow 6. There was a do not disturb sign and would crash out for an hour or so. Nobody every came in but I would have just said I had a headache or something.

I got so used to it that my next contract was a nightmare as there was no where to sleep. I was seriously considering kitting out the disabled toilet with a hammock, move the roof tiles back at the corners of the room and permanently fix 2 hooks to the wall, then the hammock could stored above the ceiling and the roof tiles put back when not in use. The snoring was always the big worry.

Any slight chance I ever had of getting contract work out of this forum is totally gone now.

Comment

I cannot power knap. But many moons ago when I did my university placement there was another student at the same placement who was doing that full-time and had another eight hour night job.

He'd have four hours before coming in and then at lunch we'd go to the restaurant. It was an hour break back then, and he sidle off for 30 minutes and power knap on a sofa. In the afternoon hed also do a 15 minute snooze.

Ive never seen anyone before or since who could on demand just snooze. It was like a switch he turned off and then his alarm went like 'In Like Flynn' and he was bolt upright. Weird.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              I can never get to bed early, anything before midnight and I just can't sleep and end up with less actual sleep than if I had just waited till I felt properly tired.
              The only exception is if I'm either ill, drunk or so tired I can't think straight.
              Whs

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                I cannot power knap. But many moons ago when I did my university placement there was another student at the same placement who was doing that full-time and had another eight hour night job.

He'd have four hours before coming in and then at lunch we'd go to the restaurant. It was an hour break back then, and he sidle off for 30 minutes and power knap on a sofa. In the afternoon hed also do a 15 minute snooze.

Ive never seen anyone before or since who could on demand just snooze. It was like a switch he turned off and then his alarm went like 'In Like Flynn' and he was bolt upright. Weird.
                That is because there is no such thing as power knapping.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  That is because there is no such thing as power knapping.
                  I'll ******* knap you in a minute

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    I'll ******* knap you in a minute
                    Sounds like it's time for your knap.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                      Physical exercise is one way. Jogging / cycling / swimming.
                      Been through all this before on this forum

It makes feck all difference
                      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                      X