• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PDF to Kindle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cr1spy View Post
    Any idea on how to build a document table of contents?

I've transfered an eBook to my kindle just fine. But it would be nice to have a "Go To" for the chapters.
    Export PDF to HTML, Put <H1> in the HTML for TOC and use Calibre (with TOC option on H1) to export to MOBI.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

As they all said. ...
      All except Paddy

A4 paper and a printer indeed.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

just copy the PDF files across to the kindle via the nice white USB cable provided in the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Mason Boyne View Post
          just copy the PDF files across to the kindle via the nice white USB cable provided in the box.
          I will try that.

But the bad news is I think my Knidle is broken

I had it pluged in for a long time and it would only charge 1/3
          Now it will not turn off.

Any ideas?
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
            I will try that.

Any ideas?

Perform a hard-reset. Instructions available online, different methods depending on the version.

Good news is that any books bought online will be reloaded for free if required.

Comment

If your kindle is playing up give Amazon customer services a ring, they will almost certainly have a fresh new one in your hands within 2 days.

If you have a pdf that won't convert with the above methods and is just too small on the kindle screen you can use "briss" to cut off the page margins and just leave the text in the centre.

briss | Download briss software for free at SourceForge.net

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                I will try that.

Any ideas?
                Is there a question mark over the battery icon? A known issue is when the icon gets out of what with the charge. Go into Menu, settings, menu restart (off the top of my head) and it'll fully reboot. Might sort it out.

Comment

Working...
                X