• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Changing the Subject...: Who's got a Satellite Navigator

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by threaded
    Churchill: I write as I speak, but I am glad you don't, seeing as you tend to talk out yer arse.
    It's not surprising that you fat feckers get picked on!

Comment

Mercedes own system - state of the art super duper system and as annoying as f**k -

Comment

you got a Merc, you flash git !

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
          Mercedes own system - state of the art super duper system and as annoying as f**k -
          Par for the course then.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
            Does anyone know of a sililar device that is a) usable while cycling and b) covers footpaths, bridleways, byways etc?

Looking for summat I can use when I go out into the wilds on the bike so I know where I am going and when I stack it into a tree or a boulder and knacker myself I can tell them where I am to come rescue me
            TomTom do one for motorbikes that I have tried on a bike and it does footpaths etc. if you tell it you are now on foot. Problem is giving it power, supposed to be 6 hours, but I'm not sure it did, maybe didn't charge it enough, and I have been known to cycle for much longer.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
              you got a Merc, you flash git !

Milan.
              Jealousy is such an unattractive trait Milan

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
                just invested in a TomTom 300, should double the value of the Skoda.
                No, you need to fill it up with petrol for that.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
                  Does anyone know of a sililar device that is a) usable while cycling and b) covers footpaths, bridleways, byways etc?

Looking for summat I can use when I go out into the wilds on the bike so I know where I am going and when I stack it into a tree or a boulder and knacker myself I can tell them where I am to come rescue me
                  TomTom do a software-only version that runs nicely on my smartphone (MDA Vario). Then you just buy yourself the no-name brand bluetooth GPS receiver from www.mobilefun.co.uk and Bob's your uncle.

The receiver can take a couple of minutes to work out where it is when you first turn it on, don't know if that's typical, but other than that it works nicely from my pocket when I'm cycling around London.

I tried it on the train to Reading once and even though the railway line was on the map it would refuse to believe it was on the train and would jump from road to road on either side of the tracks.

Comment

Just ordered TelMap SatNav bundle for my BalckBerry, had a TTG for a while but trying to reduce the amount of kit!

TelMap for BlackBerry

Comment

I've got a PDA with a built in GPS receiver which works really well but it canes the PDA battery if you run it off battery rather than the power socket in the car. Not suitable for bikes or cars. However, being a Pocket PC it's eligible to go through the books.

There was a cracked version of Tom Tom 5 doing the rounds a while ago (apparently) if you want to evaluate it before buying.

The Ozzy Osbourne voice skin is very funny as well.
                      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
                      X