• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Forum tinkering

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    And I can't see anything in this thread:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-they-now.html

I'm guessing it's video of music and going by the replies, other people can see it. Maybe iPad related? Cleared cache and cookies. Will check off my mac tomorrow.
    As YouTube videos are embedded using Flash, and the iPad doesn't support Flash, you won't see the videos.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      As YouTube videos are embedded using Flash, and the iPad doesn't support Flash, you won't see the videos.
      They were working fine two days ago. The only thing that changed since then was the forum work the other night.
      "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
        They were working fine two days ago. The only thing that changed since then was the forum work the other night.
        From which sites? Vimeo uses HTML5 by default, so theirs would probably work, but YouTube is still stuck back in the late Nineties with Flash.

Comment

It goes a bit wonky for me when trying to multi quote posts. Not sure if thats just me though.
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            From which sites? Vimeo uses HTML5 by default, so theirs would probably work, but YouTube is still stuck back in the late Nineties with Flash.
            The embedded videos in that EDL thread were working for me off the iPad just a few days ago. I even embedded the panorama one. Then the other day I logged back on can't even see anything, not even a 'please upgrade your flash player' which you would normally expect to see on flash based site, I.e BBC.
            "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

Comment

I can view the embedded videos on the Mac, so it's definitely ipad related.

I'm not going mad, here's a couple of threads over on VB where it seems some people can and some people can't:

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...-Mobile-Safari

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...sers-can-watch

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...oving-to-HTML5

Whatever you applied the other night has knocked out the ability to view them on the ipad from CUK.

Comment

While you've been mucking about you have broken the rep pop up thingies.

The text "behind" them still displays - when you click on the little star of a post thats been rep'd
                Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
                Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Originally posted by Wodewick View Post
                  While you've been mucking about you have broken the rep pop up thingies.

The text "behind" them still displays - when you click on the little star of a post thats been rep'd
                  Not for me, just tested on your post and the second attempt gave the
                  You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice.
                  message.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                    Not for me, just tested on your post and the second attempt gave the message.
                    Check a post you've been repped on. (I am spent so can't rep you as an example )
                    Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
                    Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Originally posted by Wodewick View Post
                      Check a post you've been repped on. (I am spent so can't rep you as an example )
                      I didn't know you could do that

Tested and it's displaying a popup that sits on top and obscures the text below. Looks reasonably ok to me although I can't comment on how it looked before.

Comment

Working...
                      X