• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permanent home for Google's Les Paul doodle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I'm on FF 3.6.4, maybe I'll update. Incidentally what a crock of tulip IE looks. I haven't figured out how to use it yet (first time in ages), and I'm guessing I'm version version 9 as I recently did an update and that rings a bell, but I can't see how to find that out in IE yet.
    Help -> About isn't it? Alternatively, paste

Code:
    javascript:alert(navigator.appVersion)
    into the location bar and hit Enter.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      You need a browser that supports the HTML5 canvas element, and the sound is produced using Flash so if you have that blocked you'll need to enable it.
      I can see the guitar and can pluck the strings and record, just lack sound, in FF. FF is pretty solid as a rule.

Comment

Help -> About isn't it? Alternatively, paste

Code:
        javascript:alert(navigator.appVersion)
        Quite probably, but I didn't find the help menu/button in IE, but never mind, I'm not planning on using it aside from for the guitar.

Comment

It is pretty fun though, one of the best things they've done so far.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I can see the guitar and can pluck the strings and record, just lack sound, in FF. FF is pretty solid as a rule.
            Works OK in my Firefox 3.6. If you're getting everything but the sound, you're probably using a Flash blocker - do you have AdBlock or some similar plugin installed? If so, you'll need to whitelist Google and reload it to give the Flash (guitar11.swf) a chance to initialise.

Comment

Works OK in my Firefox 3.6. If you're getting everything but the sound, you're probably using a Flash blocker - do you have AdBlock or some similar plugin installed? If so, you'll need to whitelist Google and reload it to give the Flash (guitar11.swf) a chance to initialise.
              It was FlashBlock.

For those who are wondering how to get to it to be able to turn it off:
              There's no sound with the Google Les Paul guitar doodle, but I have sound with everything else on my computer. - Web Search Help
              (Even though this didn't work for the guy who wrote it!)

Comment

Here's one for all you banjo playing contractors that can squeal like a pig (the delightful cojak excluded):

Deliverance
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                  Here's one for all you banjo playing contractors that can squeal like a pig (the delightful cojack excluded):

Deliverance
                  Was that you?

Comment

Was that you?
                    Yup, been playing guitar and bass for 25+ years. My fave instrument: Fender Strat USA Plus Deluxe
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                      Here's one for all you banjo playing contractors that can squeal like a pig (the delightful cojak excluded):

Deliverance
                      A nice find off that page:

Holiday and Events – Google style! - 1998 -2011
                      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                      X