• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to contact a human associated with a website and force them to respond

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    You're not one of sasgurus sockies by chance?
    Janek

a regular here a few years ago, until he evidently decided our many house price crash discussions weren't doom laden enough
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

As Nick says. Get the details from WHOIS. Then look them on LinkedIn, 192.com and anything you can find. Then Streetview, get a picture of their house. Then Facebook them.

Give them a call and ask them why they've banned you. Then if they slam the phone down, get in the car and drive down to where they live at say 1 or 2am. You then knock on the door, and if they don't answer or tell you to go away you can stand outside crying and screaming, kicking the door, pleading etc until they reactivate your account.

It worked for Suityou.

Which reminds me. Admin how did the house move go?
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Have you tried creating a new account from a different location or through a proxy, maybe your IP address is banned?

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post

Have you tried creating a new account from a different location or through a proxy, maybe your IP address is banned?
          WHS - Sometimes forum or blog owners block a range of IP addresses
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Similar thing happened to my Facebook - account got blocked something to do with the aliased email domain I was using (I never use my gmail on such sites).

Never bothered trying to reactivate it - Facebook is a massive waster of time IMHO.

Comment

For what it's worth, I just registered and it's been approved by their admin.

edit: just logged on and can see your account has last activity of yesterday (fri) at 8:46am

It doesn't indicate you as being banned.
              Last edited by jmo21; 11 June 2011, 12:49.

Comment

Originally posted by xux42 View Post
                How can I force them to respond!!
                If they don't want to, why should they have to? They have not (I think) entered into a paying contract with you to provide a service. They have not violated any of your rights as a citizen. I run a not-for-profit website myself, and would hate to think that that gave me the obligation to spend time entering into correspondence with all comers.

And if, as you say, the alternative is having you drive to their house and having it out man to man, I think they've made the right decision.
                Last edited by thunderlizard; 11 June 2011, 17:46.

Comment

Threaten to buy a house unless they let you back in.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Threaten to buy a house unless they let you back in.

HTH
                    Nice one.

Quick update - there is a thread right now on HPC grizzling about advert banners.

So in all probability I have been banned (without any form of appeal) for some long forgotten (by me) post damaging to a HPC sponsor.

Ho hum. HPC isn't what it used to be - probably better off just looking at Nestoria and Nethouseprices anyway now for house price data.

Lesson appears to be: when any media entity becomes a commercial enterprise then objective debate ends.

Comment

Originally posted by xux42 View Post
                      Nice one.

Quick update - there is a thread right now on HPC grizzling about advert banners.

So in all probability I have been banned (without any form of appeal) for some long forgotten (by me) post damaging to a HPC sponsor.

Ho hum. HPC isn't what it used to be - probably better off just looking at Nestoria and Nethouseprices anyway now for house price data.

Lesson appears to be: when any media entity becomes a commercial enterprise then objective debate ends.
                      May I suggest you switch the computer off, go outside, feel the sun on your skin, perhaps sit in a cafe and watch the world go by, and remember what it is to be alive.
                      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                      X