• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Four days dry

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Were they single malt whiskeys?
    He's already said there were a few of them
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Were they single malt whiskeys?
      Don't you lot drink the boilings of old spuds mixed with turps? What would you know of Malts?
      Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
      Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
        Usually like a G&T or beer or wine of an evening, but lately the hangovers are worse and worse. Not headaches as such, just fatigue and listlessness. So have knocked it on the head for a bit.

Anyone here teetotal? Anyone teetotal having previously been a drinker? How did you find the transition, and how do you feel now?
        Well, I am a serious heavy boozer, as youse all know, but I also reckon I have good willpower. So once or twice a year I give up the ale, just to prove to myself that I can.

So I gave up for a week last month, no problems, and I am off it this week because I am up in Scotland next week on holiday, and I hope to meet some of the Scots here for some heavy swigging.

I dont feel drowsy or bad when I am drinking, and I dont get a bad reaction when I stop.

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I stopped for 3 months, never had any over Xmas and new year just there. I never drink when inhale work the following day, and usually only 1 or 2 nights a week, and then keep it under 4 or 5 pints. Drinking every day is the number one sign of alcoholism.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
            I stopped for 3 months, never had any over Xmas and new year just there. I never drink when inhale work the following day, and usually only 1 or 2 nights a week, and then keep it under 4 or 5 pints. Drinking every day is the number one sign of alcoholism.
            Have you been drinking?
            Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
            Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
              How's the running going?
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                How's the running going?
                I am up to 5k now in 30mins will move up to 10k next then try and improve speed.

Comment

I always give up booze for January. Have my last drink New Year's Eve then normally start again when on holiday first couple of weeks of Feb. I generally have a couple of glasses of wine during the week and three pints or so per day over the weekend. Went for a check up this week and the nurse told me my drinking was moderate and to knock it on the head for a bit to lose some weight and bring my blood pressure down.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                    Usually like a G&T or beer or wine of an evening, but lately the hangovers are worse and worse. Not headaches as such, just fatigue and listlessness. So have knocked it on the head for a bit.

Anyone here teetotal? Anyone teetotal having previously been a drinker? How did you find the transition, and how do you feel now?
                    Firstly you're probably doing the right thing having a rest.

However you appear to be in denial regarding how much you drink.

A G&T or a beer isn't going to give you a hangover.

Comment

I could be considered a heavy drinker but don't drink every day. Usually restrict it to weekends and very occasionally one night midweek although last year I was drinking more than that. Sixty units or more wouldn't be short of the mark per week sometimes.

I lay off the booze now and again to cut the calorie intake and help with the diet. In fact not drinking for a month and eating as I normally do will result in weight loss.

Strange thing is I never get a hangover no matter what or how much I drink although I do have an off switch and just don't feel like drinking anymore after a certain point. Usually at that point I want to sing songs and eat kebabs.
                      Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                      X