• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Council Tax to rise 2X inflation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Council Tax to rise 2X inflation

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4849152.stm

This begs a question.

Everytime I hear about price rises, they are 2, 3 or even 5 times inflation. Petrol, Gas, Electricity, Water, Council Tax, etc, etc, year after year.....

Perhaps inflation isn't really 2%, only in Browns world........

Originally posted by DimPrawn
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4849152.stm

This begs a question.

Everytime I hear about price rises, they are 2, 3 or even 5 times inflation. Petrol, Gas, Electricity, Water, Council Tax, etc, etc, year after year.....

Perhaps inflation isn't really 2%, only in Browns world........
    Almost right.

You measure inflation by only including those things not easily affected by inflation. The fact that the punters disposable income is reducing is not a sign of serious inflation. HTH.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

It gets better, the latest gerrymandering of the index is to remove cathode ray style TVs and replace with Plasma and LCD tvs.

OK so you may fall for the line that they are updating the basket, but realistically which ones are going to go down, and which up, in price? Which would be more likely to display changes in price due to inflation?
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
        It gets better, the latest gerrymandering of the index is to remove cathode ray style TVs and replace with Plasma and LCD tvs.

OK so you may fall for the line that they are updating the basket, but realistically which ones are going to go down, and which up, in price? Which would be more likely to display changes in price due to inflation?
        Well I paid £399 for a Cathode Ray TV about 10 years ago. That TV or one like it can be bought for £160 (less than half). For what I paid I could get a 28" LCD TV.

Comment

That is my point, now that its price is not going to go down anymore, and likely to display effects due to inflation it is getting removed in favour of some other thing that is going down in price.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

looks lads I think you all take this stuff far too seriously

it's like this, if costs are going up you need to get jobs that pay more

not difficult is it

get into .Net you'll be sorteeeeeed

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes

not difficult is it

Milan.
              I've been after my first .net contract for the last 6 weeks ... nothing doing!

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes

not difficult is it

Milan.
                We take this stuff seriously because we are concerned for the less well off.
                Government staff and benfits payments are always based on the rate of inflation so salaries are not keeping pace with rising costs. Mostly due to the Gov. hiding the real rate of inflation.
                Your average employee, pensioner or dole scrounger has seen the money in their pocket plummet.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

less concern for others, more concern for yourself and your family while doing unto others as you would wish done unto yourself

and the world would be a better place !

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by madhippy
                    .net
                    Isnt that some sort of touchy feely pointy clicky front end for idiots who cant write real code?

Incoming <ducks>

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Working...
                    X