• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is keeping current a concern for you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Not a problem for you, you're boring already.
    I think this is the ultimate Pot Kettle scenario I have ever came across.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Not a problem for you, you're boring already.
      He's right. You and doodab are the safety first brigade. Yours and doodabs idea of Risk is a Waddington boardgame.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
        If he is anything like some italians I have worked with then watch out. They have huge egos and you cannot say a word about their cooking. I once informed a junior that working on his freelance stuff in the office was a no no and he hounded me day and night demanding that I apologise to him and his wife and everybody else. Fortunately he got terminated, whew!
        We had an episode with an Italian a few months ago. Someone made some constructive criticism which he didn't like.

Stomp, temper, stomp, slammed door, car screaming off into the distance.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
          We had an episode with an Italian a few months ago. Someone made some constructive criticism which he didn't like.

Stomp, temper, stomp, slammed door, car screaming off into the distance.
          I had an Italian manager at the shop for a year. When it was quiet she'd bring in her own freelance work and do it instead of cleaning the shop.

The first couple of times I didn't say much but on the third time when nothing had been cleaned I told her 'No'. What a hissy fit. ''I know how to manage my time' she ranted.

'Actually it's my time. So if you want to do your own thing you can bugger off and work for yourself. '

Few expletives from both of us. She didn't do it again, but Italians to love to have some of that Med temper about them.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            He's right. You and doodab are the safety first brigade. Yours and doodabs idea of Risk is a Waddington boardgame.
            I am fairly risk averse. Snowboarding off piste is about as risky as I get these days.

No doubt you are going to impress us all with stories of unprotected anal sex with eastern european truckers.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              I am fairly risk averse. Snowboarding off piste is about as risky as I get these days.

No doubt you are going to impress us all with stories of unprotected anal sex with eastern european truckers.
              Is this you?

http://www.childofthe1980s.com/wordp...ie-corbett.jpg

Comment

He told you about this as well.
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  He told you about this as well.
                  Which reminds me Suityou, I need to bring your 'The European Truckers guide to Dogging Layby HandBook' back.

When I said I was going to drive to Germany with my Golden Retriever you seem to have got the wrong end of the stick.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                    Do you really think that having a pipe dream of having a computer make you money using "some kind of automated trading using statistical analysis" makes you some kind of balls out thrillseeker?

The only risk you are taking is that you'll be dead before you ever do anything about it.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I've never had the time or capital for day trading but I made and lost several tens of thousands in the dot com frenzy.

Overall I made more money at online poker, once I learnt to stick to the low value tables and play the numbers. It's a lot of effort for not much reward though.

Both of these are very competitive , and quite risky, so although there are a few people who do very well most people don't. I am of the opinion that it's better to seek out a less competitive niche because it's easier to make money at it.

Personally I don't bother with get rich quick schemes any more, I would rather channel my efforts into making something I can sell & grow that into something that provides a living & generates a bit of surplus for long term value investments.
                      I had chat with a very interesting business man.
                      He told me if you go into business, you can only get rich if you 'steal' money from other people.
                      Don't pay your workers what they are worth, don't pay the tax man etc.
                      If you are in business and pay everyone, you will only make a good living.
                      Why be in business with all the problems and risk if you only make a good living, you can work for someone else and make a good living without the problems and risk.

At the time I was a partner in a business employing 16 people, I am not the type of person to steal, so within a few months I sold my share of the business. No regrets.
                      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                      X