• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is keeping current a concern for you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've spent my entire career working on the platform that just won't die (iSeries).

I'm not particularly worried...
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      God, that sounds even more dangerous.

What statistical analysis would have predicted the E coli outbreak if you were dabbling in cucumber or bean sprout futures?
      Whereas a fly by seat of pants day trader would have smelt it coming.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Whereas a fly by seat of pants day trader would have smelt it coming.
        Fly by night day traders don't eat salads. Lunch is for wimps.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Fly by night day traders don't eat salads. Lunch is for wimps.
          Nicoise salad again today is it?
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Oh yesssss.

Depends if you're not working out of choice.

Not working when you want work is a real PITA.

Especially as the warchest empties.

Contracting is a pain in the ass to be honest. I think it strips away your drive to succeed in other areas. Contractors are more dynamic and entrepenurial than permies, but then the higher returns, flexibility and ease of access
            to work make it far too easy. Kills your drive in my opinion.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I've never had the time or capital for day trading but I made and lost several tens of thousands in the dot com frenzy.

Overall I made more money at online poker, once I learnt to stick to the low value tables and play the numbers. It's a lot of effort for not much reward though.

Both of these are very competitive , and quite risky, so although there are a few people who do very well most people don't. I am of the opinion that it's better to seek out a less competitive niche because it's easier to make money at it.

Personally I don't bother with get rich quick schemes any more, I would rather channel my efforts into making something I can sell & grow that into something that provides a living & generates a bit of surplus for long term value investments.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I work over weekends charging 15 dolla to fix computers. It will make me a millionaire.
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  I've never had the time or capital for day trading but I made and lost several tens of thousands in the dot com frenzy.

Overall I made more money at online poker, once I learnt to stick to the low value tables and play the numbers. It's a lot of effort for not much reward though.

Both of these are very competitive , and quite risky, so although there are a few people who do very well most people don't. I am of the opinion that it's better to seek out a less competitive niche because it's easier to make money at it.

Personally I don't bother with get rich quick schemes any more, I would rather channel my efforts into making something I can sell & grow that into something that provides a living & generates a bit of surplus for long term value investments.
                  You show lack of ambition and are petrified of being competitive, for that reason doodab I can't see you working as business partner with me.

You're fired.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                    I know what you mean, however I sometimes wonder if not working might become boring, saying that I have always wanted to day trade full time.
                    Not a problem for you, you're boring already.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                      You show lack of ambition and are petrified of being competitive, for that reason doodab I can't see you working as business partner with me.

You're fired.
                      I have no desire to partner with you. You would be a liability.
                      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                      X