• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would you take a German contract now?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you would seriously turn down a contract in another country because of one vegetable? Are you really not able to make your own choice at a dinner table?

and who knows... they haven't ruled out UK cucumbers as the source yet
    Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Interesting theory, but ..

Although they _say_ they've cleared the Spanish cucumber, perhaps the Germans were right the first time but EU functionaries shouted them down and suppressed it to avoid increasing unemployment in Spain.
      I dunno, but I stopped buying cucumbers several months ago when they went rotten inside about half a day, even when kept in the fridge.

Summat was wrong with them, wherever they came from.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
        Say what you like about Greggs, but they seem to feed the population without these scares. Or mebbe their customers die of heart attacks before they get chance to contract Ecoli.
        They do sometimes look a little pasty.

Comment

I think they should round up all the infected and put them in special camps "until they get better".

Comment

Originally posted by SizeZero View Post
            So you would seriously turn down a contract in another country because of one vegetable? Are you really not able to make your own choice at a dinner table?

and who knows... they haven't ruled out UK cucumbers as the source yet
            Well, I won't work in Birmingham because AtW lives there, does that count?

Comment

Working...
            X