• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Would you take a German contract now?"

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by SizeZero View Post
    So you would seriously turn down a contract in another country because of one vegetable? Are you really not able to make your own choice at a dinner table?

and who knows... they haven't ruled out UK cucumbers as the source yet
    Well, I won't work in Birmingham because AtW lives there, does that count?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I think they should round up all the infected and put them in special camps "until they get better".

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    Say what you like about Greggs, but they seem to feed the population without these scares. Or mebbe their customers die of heart attacks before they get chance to contract Ecoli.
    They do sometimes look a little pasty.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Interesting theory, but ..

Although they _say_ they've cleared the Spanish cucumber, perhaps the Germans were right the first time but EU functionaries shouted them down and suppressed it to avoid increasing unemployment in Spain.
    I dunno, but I stopped buying cucumbers several months ago when they went rotten inside about half a day, even when kept in the fridge.

Summat was wrong with them, wherever they came from.

Leave a comment:

• SizeZero
    replied
    So you would seriously turn down a contract in another country because of one vegetable? Are you really not able to make your own choice at a dinner table?

and who knows... they haven't ruled out UK cucumbers as the source yet

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

They've cleared the cucumber. I reckon it must be the salad dressing - which is why women have been the big victims.
    Interesting theory, but ..

Although they _say_ they've cleared the Spanish cucumber, perhaps the Germans were right the first time but EU functionaries shouted them down and suppressed it to avoid increasing unemployment in Spain.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    What's DE for cucumber?

Quick!
    Die Gurke, plural Gurken. Cucumber salad = der Gurkensalat.

You could try pickled ones, gherkins in English.
    Last edited by Sysman; 2 June 2011, 21:28.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    What's DE for cucumber?

Quick!
    Salat Gurke or something like that.

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    What's DE for cucumber?

Quick!
    Is it Guerke (a guess btw)?

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    Say what you like about Greggs, but they seem to feed the population without these scares. Or mebbe their customers die of heart attacks before they get chance to contract Ecoli.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I've managed to get through the last 2 1/2 years without eating cucumber. It's not that hard.
    What's DE for cucumber?

Quick!

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I've managed to get through the last 2 1/2 years without eating cucumber. It's not that hard.
    They've cleared the cucumber. I reckon it must be the salad dressing - which is why women have been the big victims.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    A bit worrying - all this EColi business, especially as they can no longer pin it down to one foodstuff, the cucumber. If you're contracting, you're dependent on eating out a lot. So would you? Are you feeling lucky? It would certainly rule out the kebabs, and I'm not sure I could survive for long on Pommes mit CurryWurst.
    I would! Stick to the Pferdewurst and it's fine.

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    started a topic Would you take a German contract now?

Would you take a German contract now?

A bit worrying - all this EColi business, especially as they can no longer pin it down to one foodstuff, the cucumber. If you're contracting, you're dependent on eating out a lot. So would you? Are you feeling lucky? It would certainly rule out the kebabs, and I'm not sure I could survive for long on Pommes mit CurryWurst.

Working...
X