• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tesco cheap beer story - I don't get it!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
    Well, Yorkshire's pretty much Scotland anyway. I've heard that there are actually English counties even further North than Yorkshire, but I suspect that they are mere legend.
    Anything below the M62 its France!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      You're forgetting just how fast a Scot can move when cheap alcohol is involved.
      With neighbours like ours it makes sense to stock up when the price is right.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        I think it's a bit sad that people are that desperate to save £10 that they will drink chemical infested piss.

But then I can get 10 litres of decent beer for about €15 so I'm probably spoiled.
        So you have beer with no chemical compounds in?
        But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
          I have beer that is made without the use of synthetic chemicals ingredients, yes.

Are you denying that stella is piss?
          Last edited by doodab; 2 June 2011, 12:24.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I have beer that is made without the use of synthetic chemicals ingredients, yes.

Well I had ten cans of fozzies in my fridge last night, and when I checked this morning, yep
            it was piss all right

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I would never deny that Stella is piss, although I haven't done the taste test.

I was getting at something a little deeper. 'Synthetic' beer is still natural as it is made by man who is a natural entity.

It's impossible for man to make anything unnatural unless we aren't natural ourselves.
              But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

I was getting at something a little deeper. 'Synthetic' beer is still natural as it is made by man who is a natural entity.

It's impossible for man to make anything unnatural unless we aren't natural ourselves.
                Maybe in your mind this was the meaning in your original post, sadly it passed the rest of us by.

Synthetic or artificial both have senses in which they mean "man made", and natural has a sense in which it means "not man made" and hence can be considered the opposite of synthetic. Unnatural often means something rather different, but if in this context you desire to use it as a synonym for synthetic then it seems that man is, by definition, the creator of all unnatural things.

If you're going to be a smart arse, you should endeavor get the first part right before you attempt the second.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Aha - so all children are synthetic, being man (and woman) made. It all makes sense now.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Aha - so all children are synthetic, being man (and woman) made. It all makes sense now.
                    Go back to sleep, we no need no steeenkin moderators...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      Go back to sleep, we no need no steeenkin moderators...
                      Oy. I had a bath last Friday.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X