• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Swindon to shame speeders

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is bound to work.

I mean, do you think this shame will compare to the shame of living in Swindon?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      This is bound to work.

I mean, do you think this shame will compare to the shame of living in Swindon?

How about people who have accidently found themselves in Swindon and then in their panic to leave find themselves constantly hitting red lights.
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        How about people who have accidently found themselves in Swindon and then in their panic to leave find themselves constantly hitting red lights.
        That sounds like the plot of a horror movie. You could have zombies chasing them. Or swindon girls.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
          How the **** would I know ?

It was in some Yorkshire paper when I was working there.

Possibly some law connected to members of the public putting up their own road signs ?
          Signs need planning permission, and your typical council gets quite uppity about unauthorised ones.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            That sounds like the plot of a horror movie. You could have zombies chasing them. Or swindon girls.
            In my experience its difficult to tell the difference.

Swindon - <PAH> so much to answer for (with apologies to Morrisy)
            I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
              In my experience its difficult to tell the difference.
              Zombies are not so keen to eat your flesh
              Last edited by doodab; 20 May 2011, 13:31.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                Speeding kills it should be as socially unacceptable as drink diving.
                No, inappropriate speed (which may well be under the speed limit) for the road, traffic, conditions, etc. will increase the likelihood of an accident; then when an accident occurs, greater speed will likely increase the damage.

That's significantly different to "speeding kills", but not terribly snappy.

Comment

Working...
                X