• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Swindon to shame speeders

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    That rings a bell. I remember that

villagers put up sign

"The cheeky posters, on laminated yellow backgrounds, were fixed right underneath the official road traffic-style signs so they could not be missed."

Illegal road sign then - perfectly legal to remove it.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      That rings a bell. I remember that

villagers put up sign

I feel I must press you on this. This is quite serious.

A lot of posters on this site take General at face value, recycling facts and titbits on other sites or into conversations.

Imagine how stupid someone like Doogie would look at the weekend, when he's at the big BBQ he's been invited to, worried about what to say to get into the conversation, he looks in his pocket at the notes he's taken over the week from General 'AGW' - nope don't understand it,'Is EternalOptimist really funny' - nope not applicable, I know I'll tell them a story about speeding motorists in Belton, then some fella from Belton goes 'You're talking tulipe', the BBQ is ruined, Doogie looks a twat, his wife leaves him, he finds himself on the bench....

Which THANKS TO EO now! That won't happen and this carefully crafted post I was working on is moot!!!
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
        Speeding kills it should be as socially unacceptable as drink diving.
        I can't see the problem with drink diving myself. Sounds like great fun. As long as it's in the deep end and you watch out for swimmers.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
          A few years ago, in a village just outside Doncaster, the police put up a sign saying "695 Speeding Motorists caught in the last twelve months". The locals put up their own sign just below it saying "Zero burglars caught in the last twelve months" and were made to take it down by the police.
          If I'd been the police, I'd have put up a third sign saying "Zero toddlers run over by burglars".

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
            I can't see the problem with drink diving myself. Sounds like great fun. As long as it's in the deep end and you watch out for swimmers.
            It's got to be better than hungover diving. Headaches and increased pressure don't make a happy mix.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Imagine how stupid someone like Doogie looks every weekend
              FTFY

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Surely collective punishment is illegal under the Geneva Convention.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  I feel I must press you on this. This is quite serious.

A lot of posters on this site take General at face value, recycling facts and titbits on other sites or into conversations.

Imagine how stupid someone like Doogie would look at the weekend, when he's at the big BBQ he's been invited to, worried about what to say to get into the conversation, he looks in his pocket at the notes he's taken over the week from General 'AGW' - nope don't understand it,'Is EternalOptimist really funny' - nope not applicable, I know I'll tell them a story about speeding motorists in Belton, then some fella from Belton goes 'You're talking tulipe', the BBQ is ruined, Doogie looks a twat, his wife leaves him, he finds himself on the bench....

Which THANKS TO EO now! That won't happen and this carefully crafted post I was working on is moot!!!
                  Please don't bring me into your worryingly detailed fantasies.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    Surely collective punishment is illegal under the Geneva Convention.
                    Wouldn't that make it illegal for Gordon Brown to be head of the IMF then
                    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
                      Wouldn't that make it illegal for Gordon Brown to be head of the IMF then
                      Sadly not I'd imagine

Comment

Working...
                      X