• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If a recruitment agent calling from India phones up....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    In what way?

Bobs clutching FTVs massing at airports like those aliens parading on the mother ship in Independence Day?
    Just an incredible workforce! Talented, clever, loads of them and cheap! Wow are they cheap!

I was over to set up some products for a UK company I had been working for earlier in the year. It's like a skills social database/webservice/site , quite clever. Bit like LinkedIN but for companies to be able to connect directly to Indian talent. I suppose it will be the future for outsourcing.

It's just these guys really want it. I had four guys on my shoulder for the whole month. No chance of any more work though.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
      .... telling you about an amazing opportunity to work for an outsourcing company for a big client. Would you consider it as long as the rate was right? Just a hypothetical question. Entertaining and sensible answers are welcomed.
      The rate is never right.

HTH
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        The rate is never right.

HTH
        I wouldn't mind earning more than everyone else, I accept that I will never have the right rate, but I think you know I meant the rate I was comfortable with.
        If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

No, I mean that when it's happened to me the rate is always £100 a day less than I'm currently on..
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
          X