• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

General Anaesthetic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a few of them. Great feeling going under. Depending on what they do to you whilst under, be prepared to feel like tulip for a while after.

And pray you don't wake up with a pair of DD's.

Comment

I had a general for dental work when young. They gave me gas. They put a mask on and told me to count down from ten.

"Ten..."

and then I woke up in a chair in a recovery room. There were magazines on a table and I stood up to get one and fell over, face first over the table.

I had a general for an op when a teenager. They put a needle in the back of my hand for a premed and then I was in the ward being woken and asked what I wanted for supper.

I had a general for major dental work last year. Done in a private dental hospital on the NHS. The surgeon and his anaesth anees anei gas-man came in to give me the details and I asked them not to. A little later they gave me a pre-med in the back of my hand and then I was back in the private room being asked if I was ready for lunch.

Apparently I react very well to general anas sleeping draughts.

However, needles in my gob have very little effect. Dentists are amazed at how much stuff they can inject into my mouth and I can still tell them which cavity they are tapping. Hence the knock-out dentistry last year.

I'd always opt for never waking up again over that feeling of having my spine ripped out through the top of my skull which happened when a dentist jammed a needle into a bundle of nerves in the back of my mouth. I never knew such pain was possible.

Seriously, dental work under a general is fine. I just wish I knew why it gives you such a sore arse.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        I had a general for dental work when young. They gave me gas. They put a mask on and told me to count down from ten.

"Ten..."

and then I woke up in a chair in a recovery room. There were magazines on a table and I stood up to get one and fell over, face first over the table.

I had a general for an op when a teenager. They put a needle in the back of my hand for a premed and then I was in the ward being woken and asked what I wanted for supper.

I had a general for major dental work last year. Done in a private dental hospital on the NHS. The surgeon and his anaesth anees anei gas-man came in to give me the details and I asked them not to. A little later they gave me a pre-med in the back of my hand and then I was back in the private room being asked if I was ready for lunch.

Apparently I react very well to general anas sleeping draughts.

However, needles in my gob have very little effect. Dentists are amazed at how much stuff they can inject into my mouth and I can still tell them which cavity they are tapping. Hence the knock-out dentistry last year.

I'd always opt for never waking up again over that feeling of having my spine ripped out through the top of my skull which happened when a dentist jammed a needle into a bundle of nerves in the back of my mouth. I never knew such pain was possible.

Seriously, dental work under a general is fine. I just wish I knew why it gives you such a sore arse.

heh hehe

you made I larf
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
        X