• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

"How recruiters are posing a threat to LinkedIn..."

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #11
    Can't they send a message without being a connection? If so, WNFS. ^

    Comment


      #12
      Originally posted by realityhack View Post
      Can't they send a message without being a connection? If so, WNFS. ^
      Yes they can. I have been contacted by agents without them being a connection before.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

      Comment


        #13
        Originally posted by realityhack View Post
        Can't they send a message without being a connection? If so, WNFS. ^
        I think LinkedIn now has a "premium" subscription which lets Agents spam people
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

        I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

        Comment


          #14
          I've got one now wanting me a friend. Agent for three months, previous role, bar manager....

          Honest!

          Comment


            #15
            How about this then.... Oh and it's all cut out from my email from agency (now on my blacklist)


            Agent email:
            Thanks for your CV in consideration for this role. You look fairly well suited to one of the contract roles available.

            I looked at your Linkedin profile and the companies you have worked at, and the dates differ on Linkedin from what is on your CV, so once you have clarified these in writing with your CV and Linkedin profile singing off the same hymn sheet, we will then be in a position to represent you.

            Please understand, that if our client were to spot the differences / discrepancies, it is unlikely that you would be granted an interview. By clearing this up in advance of us submitting your CV to this client, it gives you a great opportunity.

            Please pardon my directness, it's just the way we operate and it isn't intended to be confrontational - the opposite in fact, by trying to help!




            My reply: The dates on my CV are accurate.



            Agent Reply: Can you explain the differences between your CV and Linkedin please?


            My next reply: I use LinkedIn as a social networking tool – I do not use LinkedIn as a CV tool.


            Agent next reply: I meant the date differences.


            My final reply: I use LinkedIn as a social networking tool – I do not use LinkedIn as a CV tool. The dates on my CV are accurate, whereas the dates on LinkedIn are not.

            Comment


              #16
              Originally posted by PinkPoshRat View Post
              How about this then.... Oh and it's all cut out from my email from agency (now on my blacklist)


              Agent email:
              Thanks for your CV in consideration for this role. You look fairly well suited to one of the contract roles available.

              I looked at your Linkedin profile and the companies you have worked at, and the dates differ on Linkedin from what is on your CV, so once you have clarified these in writing with your CV and Linkedin profile singing off the same hymn sheet, we will then be in a position to represent you.

              Please understand, that if our client were to spot the differences / discrepancies, it is unlikely that you would be granted an interview. By clearing this up in advance of us submitting your CV to this client, it gives you a great opportunity.

              Please pardon my directness, it's just the way we operate and it isn't intended to be confrontational - the opposite in fact, by trying to help!




              My reply: The dates on my CV are accurate.



              Agent Reply: Can you explain the differences between your CV and Linkedin please?


              My next reply: I use LinkedIn as a social networking tool – I do not use LinkedIn as a CV tool.


              Agent next reply: I meant the date differences.


              My final reply: I use LinkedIn as a social networking tool – I do not use LinkedIn as a CV tool. The dates on my CV are accurate, whereas the dates on LinkedIn are not.
              Ye Gods! I bet you didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition!
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

              Comment


                #17
                Originally posted by PinkPoshRat View Post
                How about this then.... Oh and it's all cut out from my email from agency (now on my blacklist)


                Agent email:
                Thanks for your CV in consideration for this role. You look fairly well suited to one of the contract roles available.

                I looked at your Linkedin profile and the companies you have worked at, and the dates differ on Linkedin from what is on your CV, so once you have clarified these in writing with your CV and Linkedin profile singing off the same hymn sheet, we will then be in a position to represent you.

                Please understand, that if our client were to spot the differences / discrepancies, it is unlikely that you would be granted an interview. By clearing this up in advance of us submitting your CV to this client, it gives you a great opportunity.

                Please pardon my directness, it's just the way we operate and it isn't intended to be confrontational - the opposite in fact, by trying to help!




                My reply: The dates on my CV are accurate.



                Agent Reply: Can you explain the differences between your CV and Linkedin please?


                My next reply: I use LinkedIn as a social networking tool – I do not use LinkedIn as a CV tool.


                Agent next reply: I meant the date differences.


                My final reply: I use LinkedIn as a social networking tool – I do not use LinkedIn as a CV tool. The dates on my CV are accurate, whereas the dates on LinkedIn are not.
                Well, if someone wants to have difference between profiles (CV and LinkedIn), then that's up to them.
                If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

                Comment


                  #18
                  Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                  Can't they send a message without being a connection? If so, WNFS. ^
                  Easy to bypass. They look at your current client and find their web domain and guess your work email address - or they ring the client reception and ask for you directly. I've had both these done so my LI profile always shows my own company for the current assignment. This is where the agents are really destroying the usefullness of Linkedin. I had one agent emailing several job descriptions daily on one contract then following up with cold calls to reception.

                  Comment


                    #19
                    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                    I got this gig because of my LI profile, and know many others who have found work through it... but always directly from the recruiter, never through an agent. If I was on the market though, I wouldn't mind if an agent found me through it - why not? Just make sure your connections are hidden.
                    Same here, have found LI useful as I'm looking at moving abroad and managed to generate some interest and get myself some contacts that I wouldn't have otherwise.

                    Block your contacts, that way you don't have people trying to pilfer your contacts and annoying you.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

                    Norrahe's blog

                    Comment


                      #20
                      Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                      Same here, have found LI useful as I'm looking at moving abroad and managed to generate some interest and get myself some contacts that I wouldn't have otherwise.

                      Block your contacts, that way you don't have people trying to pilfer your contacts and annoying you.
                      Nor - is that the same as hiding my connections from others or is there a further level of privacy I've not found?

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X