• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Household incomes in UK 'may return to 2004 levels'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    fixing being the operative word.

Amount of money I wasted on them bastards.

Quiz machines were a nice little earner at one bit. My brother and I used to clean up when we came across one; but we kept getting the evil eye from landlords so had to do it discretely. Eventually of course, some clever programmer decided to make the questions impossible (name the linesman's home town etc) and that pleasure disappeared.
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

We were playing one machine at the pub and managed to get to the last question whilst still having chance to get £10 - the question was - "What's the building number of KGB HQ in Lubyanka Square?"

We only won £2 (it was possible to put money on different answers)

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Not true!

1 bedroom flat for sale in Earlsfield Road, Wandsworth, SW18

Just a few more years saving and scrimping mate.
        ******By order of the mortgagees in possession, we would advise that an offer has been made for the above property in the sum of £112,000. Any person wishing to increase on this offer should notify the selling agents of their best offer during the course of the next 7 days prior to exchange of contracts.********
        It's been repossessed. The address could have some bad credit history which could cause headaches for a would be occupier (includes BTL tenants).
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          They did not teach you "theory of games" and "probabilities" in that school of yours?
          LOL! It's just struck me that my teachers wouldn't have been seen dead putting money on horses.

But they were all at it with stocks and shares.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
            Quiz machines were a nice little earner at one bit. My brother and I used to clean up when we came across one; but we kept getting the evil eye from landlords so had to do it discretely. Eventually of course, some clever programmer decided to make the questions impossible (name the linesman's home town etc) and that pleasure disappeared.
            I saw a documentary on that. The blokes doing it had to travel to a different town every day because they'd get barred from any pub that knew them. The machine manufacturers, when interviewed, plonked down a dirty great computer printout and reckoned that anyone who could memorise that lot deserved to win.

Landlords of course didn't see it that way.

But if you were on the dole, which the programme's subjects were, why not?

Comment

Working...
            X