• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Index linked saving certificates are back

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I guess she knows who is his father then...
    I doubt it. I heard it was dark and they took turns.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      I doubt it. I heard it was dark and they took turns.

You are very mean MF...

Comment

Close to a million? That means LESS than a million then!
        The problem with just being just a millionaire is everytime I buy something, I'm not a millionaire anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          The problem with just being just a millionaire is everytime I buy something, I'm not a millionaire anymore.
          It's ok mate, we don't hate you for your money!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Listen to me. You are not a millionaire. You are a pathetic, broken-minded, little bum. In your mind you think you're a millionaire but you're not.

HTH

Comment

Listen to me. You are not a millionaire. You are a pathetic, broken-minded, little bum. In your mind you think you're a millionaire but you're not.

HTH
              Thanks for clearing that up for me.

The nurse says I'm to get back to bed now, so catch you all laters.

Comment

So in all seriousness, I've got a reasonable amount of cash to invest on someone else's behalf, even though there are lots of mini-bubbles about, what's going to be a good bet for the next 5 years?
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                  So in all seriousness, I've got a reasonable amount of cash to invest on someone else's behalf, even though there are lots of mini-bubbles about, what's going to be a good bet for the next 5 years?
                  Index linked certs and cash isas and then in a couple of years spend the lot on BTL property at auction when the repos kick in so you'll have an income and capital appreciation when the next property bubble blows up.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                    The best on the market is a bond at 5.05% with Birmingham - (scroll to bottom)

Find & Compare Fixed Rate Bonds | moneysupermarket.com

He could take a monthly interest and top his income up or leave it to accumulate. The monthly interest could be paid into his current account as opposed to back into the bond. Now interest rates may go up. If they go up a lot then take the penalty in a few years and move to a higher account.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      The best on the market is a bond at 5.05% with Birmingham - (scroll to bottom)

Find & Compare Fixed Rate Bonds | moneysupermarket.com

He could take a monthly interest and top his income up or leave it to accumulate. The monthly interest could be paid into his current account as opposed to back into the bond. Now interest rates may go up. If they go up a lot then take the penalty in a few years and move to a higher account.
                      Tax man takes his chunk though.

Comment

Working...
                      X