• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More tax rises

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth
    French and other continental drivers would be able to legally fit extra belly tanks, fill up much more cheaply on the continent, and do a round trip to Scotland, undercutting the UK hauliers.
    And they do. I had a chap drive all the way from the top of Jutland, down to Calais, over t'channel, all the way up to a wind farm top of Scotland, back again, and we were far cheaper than any quote they got from an English company. He also picked up another coupla loads on the way back. Result!

I must congratulate Gordon Brownstuff on making one of my business ventures quite an outstanding success.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
      Brownstuff is the most appallingly awful chancellor ever. He made one really excellent move, to cede control of interest rates to the BOE, and that halted the boom and bust cycles we saw in previous administrations and that's all the public ever see. His impact on business competitiveness and investment and his destruction of incentives in the long run will be far worse.
      Yep, I remember at the time people thinking great, a progressive sort of labour party at last, thinking big 'macro' economic decisions...what have we had since then?, nothing but micro manage, micro micro manage, tax incentives and dual pricing on condoms now for f**ks sake...

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Black
        Yep, I remember at the time people thinking great, a progressive sort of labour party at last, thinking big 'macro' economic decisions...what have we had since then?, nothing but micro manage, micro micro manage, tax incentives and dual pricing on condoms now for f**ks sake...
        Come on now. To encourage use of less polluting cars he's created graduated VED and you can save £100 per year by buying a Nissan Micra in place of a Porsche Cayenne. Tempting.

Yeah I see what you mean. Loads of tossy poxy fiddly bits and pieces that achieve stuff all but when he stands up at conference he can boast that he's encouraging use of less polluting vehicles etc. All mouth and no trousers.

Comment

Brown

the long way of saying C .'u.'n.'T

I pray to god he lives to 150 just so he can see his children die.

Comment

"you can save £100 per year by buying a Nissan Micra in place of a Porsche Cayenne. Tempting"

Yep, having another 0.25% put on the overall cost of my Cayenne just might make that Micra appealing...

Comment

Brit Nomads

So you guys haven't left yet then ?

Everywhere I go there seems to be more and more Brits escaping the cold , overtaxed and problematic British isles , like the Chineese , everywhere you go.

There is a distinct danger that you guys will become the worlds Gypsy Nomads but dont tell the Chineese , they dont like loosing anything.

Also on the front of this BB its suggesting that foreigners are coming to the UK to show you guys how to do things (ref: Migrant workers 'shame lazy Brits'
              ) , so your double fecked , because you cant then go abroad if they are better than you.

By the way do you guys still drink tea with milk ? , Yeuuch! , Love Chelsea FC tho , Oh I forgot most of them arnt Brits , Oops sorry.
              Last edited by Bitbucket; 22 March 2006, 06:14.

Comment

Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooray!

A new Troll...

Comment

Not sure what Troll is but we have a chancellor who does not look as worried as yours (Is that good English ?)

Comment

Perfect English - the difference is your Chancellor thinks she's in charge but ours really is...
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio
                      Perfect English - the difference is your Chancellor thinks she's in charge but ours really is...
                      LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X