• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Solicitor Search Says Im Bankrupt

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aye thang you, hyperD.

On another note, as jerusalem artichokes are in season and dirt cheap right now, I heartily recommend making some "cream of..." soup out of some. I did at the weekend and it was delicious. Went very nicely with some home made rosemary foccacia.

Comment

Sounds a good idea LB. I flambéd some fresh scallops with shallots and tequilla and lime this weekend - lovely. Although I don't think I cooked the scallops for long enough as I've got terrible cramps.

I'm waiting for the asparagus season to start in our local farm shop so I can spend all April wondering whether I have a bladder infection.

How's the little Damien?
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
        Sounds a good idea LB. I flambéd some fresh scallops with shallots and tequilla and lime this weekend - lovely. Although I don't think I cooked the scallops for long enough as I've got terrible cramps.

I'm waiting for the asparagus season to start in our local farm shop so I can spend all April wondering whether I have a bladder infection.

How's the little Damien?

Havn't been able to eat scallops since watching Gordon Ramsey desperately trying not to lose his lunch after eating a dodgy one on that Kitchen Nightmares show, or whatever it was called.
        Last edited by DaveB; 20 March 2006, 11:47.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I bagged one of those delicious beef curry pot noodles from our local market at the weekend. Just add piping hot water and a generous sachet of chillie sauce. Make sure you stir thoroughly and season to taste. I find it goes particularly well with thick crusty bread and an extra dash of worcester sauce.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
            If they search solely by name, they are in breach of the provisions of the amendments to the second instalment of the data protection act which was introduced to prevent exactly this sort of thing from happening. Address, at a minimum, must also be used.

If you're going to start calling people stupid, it helps greatly if you aren't stupid yourself.
            I can accept that they should not search just on name.

I cannot accept that they *must* use an address (when searching). Addresses are transient, they are feck all use in determining the <whatever> status of the Mr Jones that you are checking. It would be a pointless thing to do.

tim

Comment

What a bizarre coincidence. I did scallops on Saturday night as well. Bought a dozen beautiful plump, fresh ones with glistening orange coral from the fish stand at the local farmers' market. Poached gently in light salted water for 15 minutes then served on a bed of lettuce, onion, cherry tomato and shaved parmesan, drizzled with home made aioli. Bliss!

Sorry to hear you're not feeling too sharp hyperD. That's why I poached mine - they were so plump I wasn't confident I'd griddle them thoroughly. I remember getting a terrible dose of the Leon's after a dodgy mussel a few years back.

I like the idea of flambeing with tequila though. I bet that gives it a nice sharp flavour.

Sticking on the shellfish theme, went and had a slap up shellfish tea at the seafood bar in the Royal Exchange (opposite the BoE). I cannot recommend it highly enough for seafood lovers. The plateau de fruits du mer is, in my opinion, a bargain at £25 as it is piled sky high. All washed down with a lovely bottle of 2002 Chablis. Scrummy!

Little Damien has already killed the nanny so he's doing fine. Seriously though, he is starting to sleep at night now in 3 hour bursts, so things are starting to look up!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Did she hang herself by jumping out of the window?

Like in the film?
                He's trying to be inconspicuous this time. She accidentally cut her own head off while shaving.

Comment

I had the same problem as the original poster. The pesron they found had the same initials and surname and lived in completely different place. You just have to declare that it isn't you.
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                  X