• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sas guy on sky news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by russell View Post
    He wasn't complaining he said it was a perfect mission.
    you might want to be clearer when paraphrasing and then adding your own comment. From your post I thought the SAS were complaining about a lack of due process.

So to respond to you comment about due process.
    Osama, through his own actions, had gained the right to die in a fire fight
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
      Saying they didn't want him alive, was a pure assassination. Surely everyone is entitled to due process.
      Yes all are entitled to due process. That couldn't happen for a number of reasons in Bin Ladens case but I can't feel happy about the secretive manner of his passing.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Does it mean sasguru is a fake?!!?
        Have we ever seen you two in the same room?!
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Rule of thumb, if someone say's they are SAS odds are they aren't (and I speak from a forces family) but the genreal opinion is they are right, alive he would be more dangerous than dead, alive every nutter under the sun would kidnap western hostages wanting his release.
          I'm not SAS.

Surely the bad guys aren't going to believe the good guys when they say they've disposed of his body and don't know where it is. We've seen it many times in movies where people get tortured because the bad guys won't believe they know nothing.

So unless the yanks have solid evidence that he is dead and buried, and willing to publish it, the baddies may still go down the road of trying to find out where Bin Laden is.

I wonder if they just dumped him overboard or if he's in some sort of protective shroud/coffin. There will be loads of divers looking for his body now!
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

The thing is... he is either a criminal or a soldier. If the former (or if both - i.e. a war criminal), he should be subjected to due process of law, now an extra-judicial killing. It is not primarily concern for his rights which concerns me (live by the sword die by the sword etc.), but the demands of Justice. Nazi war criminal had their day in court and the world was better for it. I expect that there are a few nasty truths that the Americans want buried about their relationship with Bin Laden before it all went a bit wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
              I'm not SAS.
              Is this the new "I am Spartacus!"
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post

So unless the yanks have solid evidence that he is dead and buried, and willing to publish it, the baddies may still go down the road of trying to find out where Bin Laden is.
                A suicide bomber's Elvis? With sighting in supermarkets and with Bin Laden imitators singing I'm all shot up?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  A suicide bomber's Elvis? With sighting in supermarkets and with Bin Laden imitators singing I'm all shot up?
                  Perhaps Bin Laden never existed and it was all a ruse to increase military and CIA spending.

Comment

Stop complaining it saved us a fortune in benefits! Imagine if he had been captured alive he would want a mansion in Notting hill for his 15 wives.

If he is dead no hostage taking to get him back. Also who says he is dead?
                    Probably in an orange jump suit taking a bath with the NSA's help.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      The thing is... he is either a criminal or a soldier. If the former (or if both - i.e. a war criminal), he should be subjected to due process of law, now an extra-judicial killing. It is not primarily concern for his rights which concerns me (live by the sword die by the sword etc.), but the demands of Justice. Nazi war criminal had their day in court and the world was better for it. I expect that there are a few nasty truths that the Americans want buried about their relationship with Bin Laden before it all went a bit wrong.
                      Nazi war criminals didn't have thousands of zealots promising revenge if they weren't released.

No, it would have cost a lot more lives and trouble had Bin Laden been merely arrested. As a figurehead he would have been just as powerful in prison as out of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X