• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

While the rest of the world get thicker my wallet becomes fatter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Today an A-level biology student (who got an A at GCSE) asked me what a mamogram is. He had never heard of a mammary gland or the connection to mammals.

But the thing I found most disappointing is the pride he seemed to take in his ignorance in anything he doesn't need to pass exams, as if ignorance was cool.
    Broke and a nation of thickos - the future is anything but bright.

Something that got me thinking. Our reduced manufacturing capability, or should I say, our dependancy on services means those skilled in services have no need to stay in the country. If the situation goes sour you take you're skills to another country, you're tools are portable. Manufacturing however hones the skills and keeps them in the country pulling it out of recession. Service based skills will just leave the country with ease.

The scale at which politicians have undermined the importance of manufacturing to an economy is so disheartening. When you building something symbolic at home it carries the pride of the nation, could we match this pride in any of our services?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      I like him but his simpering voice makes me sleepy. I have yet to stay awake through one of his doco's.
      Maybe on the DVDs you can choose a childrens' audio option with lots of sound-effects when the animals sit down, blink, poo, etc?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Maybe on the DVDs you can choose a childrens' audio option with lots of sound-effects when the animals sit down, blink, poo, etc?
        Johnny Morris was better. He actually found animals that talked.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Esteemed customers seem totally unconcerned by their lack of knowledge.

Some of the retreads even manage to achieve worse results at the 2nd attempt than those they achieved the first time through.

Remarkable.
          I blame the quality of lecturers nowadays. Public sector types spending all their time on web forums
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
          X