• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK heads for a double "dip"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    The UK economy is shafted because of the uncompetitive workforce. This isn't solely down to red tape, it has more to do with the relatively low level of education and high cost of living (which leads to high wages) which makes British workers poor value.

The biggest obstacle to doing something about it, IMO, is the anti intellectual attitude of a large proportion of the population. We have millions of thick people who are in fact so thick that they are unable even to imagine that not everyone is as thick as them.

I agree red tape is a problem for the manufacturing industry, getting anything made in modern Britain is a major undertaking. It is generally cheaper and simpler to outsource the work to e.g. China, Ireland, Portugal or elsewhere in the EU. I would also argue that if we had less thickos who needed saving from their own stupidity a lot of the red tape would be unnecessary.
    ye-what?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

You'll also find that most of the thickos had the majority of their edukashion under the New Lie and intellectual heavyweights like me had their education under the Conservatives.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        You'll also find that most of the thickos had the majority of their edukashion under the New Lie and intellectual heavyweights like me had their education under the Conservatives.
        HTH

Sadly, even with the best and most rigorous education, you can't polish a turd.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

DimPrawn is funny.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

We recognise that Sas, that's why there'll always be a McDonalds badge with your name written all over it.
              "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Double dip?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X