• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quick question before I speak to my solicitor....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by russell View Post
    Im not sure how we were meant to give advice when you provided us with half the story. Makes sense now. Just do everything through csa then there can be no complaints on either side.
    You clearly haven't got a fvcking clue so best to shut the **** up.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovehr View Post
      Jesus Russel, you arrogant tw*t

Do you actually know anything about my situation? I also pay £700 per month towards my daughter's welfare on top of the mortgage (so that's £1400 per month) which is due until she's 18. I also paid a lump sum of £10,000 from an inheritance last year. I didn't mention this in my post as I didn't think it was relevant to the question.

I adore my daughter and she stays with me 2 or 3 nights per week on average. I get on well with the ex and her boyfriend.

So get off your high horse and stop jumping to conclusions.

I asked a simple and very specific question about the mortgage. Try reading the post......
      Im not sure how we were meant to give advice when you provided us with half the story. Makes sense now. Just do everything through csa then there can be no complaints on either side.
      Sorry but russ is right. You didn't give us any legalities so telling us how nice you are is pointless. Are you asking if you SHOULD pay less or if you CAN pay less?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Didn't read, but is this still a joint house or not?

If it's her house and she's gone her way and you've gone then really it's just payment for the child.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Just do everything through csa then there can be no complaints on either side.
          ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

breathes

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
          hoot hoot hoot hoot hoot

wipes away a tear

hoot hoot hoot hoot hoot hoot hoot hoot hoot hoot roar rroar

rolls on the floor

hoot hoot hoot hoot hoot
          hoot hoot hoot hoot hoot

bites the edge of the carpet

eeee, Rustler. I havnt laffed so much for fkng ages

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Good point

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Didn't read, but is this still a joint house or not?

If it's her house and she's gone her way and you've gone then really it's just payment for the child.
            The house is still in joint names as when we divorced my wife wasn't in a position financially to buy me out. I've just had a look at the consent order and it just makes reference to a periodic payment of £1400 until my daugher reaches age 18 - the mortgage isnn't specifically mentioned even though the amount was arrived as by taking half of the mortgage and adding a payment for my daughter.

I'm thinking that I should just have a chat with the ex and if the boyfriend does move in, apply for the consent order to reduce the payment to a mutually agreed amount.

Like I said, I'm happy to pay for my daughter's and my ex's upkeep as required but I would feel uncomfortable supporting someone else....

I just bloody glad it was an amicable split - it must be a minefield when it turns nasty.

Comment

Is it really possible to have an amicable divorce? Seems like an oxymoron, if things were OK then why split?

Genuine question.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The house is still in joint names as when we divorced my wife wasn't in a position financially to buy me out. I've just had a look at the consent order and it just makes reference to a periodic payment of £1400 until my daugher reaches age 18 - the mortgage isnn't specifically mentioned even though the amount was arrived as by taking half of the mortgage and adding a payment for my daughter.

I'm thinking that I should just have a chat with the ex and if the boyfriend does move in, apply for the consent order to reduce the payment to a mutually agreed amount.

Like I said, I'm happy to pay for my daughter's and my ex's upkeep as required but I would feel uncomfortable supporting someone else....

I just bloody glad it was an amicable split - it must be a minefield when it turns nasty.
                If things are amicable, then she sounds reaonable not a total psycho. I am sure if you chat to her about it and say it's unreasonable for you to pay for a house another man is living in, she'll see sense. She may have already thought about it.
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

It must have been very amicable indeed if you have agreed to pay for your ex's upkeep.

In my mind, that responsibility passes to her new bloke (if not to herself). When I was in your position, I included upkeep for the kids and keeping a roof over their heads into one lump, which had the side effect of heeping a roof over the ex missus head.

As the kids reached 18, I reduced the amount gradually. You are paying a lot more than I ever did

good luck , and try to keep it amicable

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Sounds a bit tricky, why should the boyfriend pay towards your house?

Would be cleaner if you could get them to buy you out and then rework the maintenance.

Been there and it's not easy, a fine line between being fair and generous and being screwed.
                    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

I'd say you should have something drawn up specifically for the mortgage to protect both your and your ex's investment in it.

Then deal with the maintenance seperately.

If you own 50% of the house, you should be paying 50% of the mortgage, regardless of who she moves in.

Comment

Working...
                      X