• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I loathe Indian Software companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Isn't there something in his contract to stop that from happening?
    I am hardly going to try and invoke that. The problem is that most of the candidates were sourced from linkedin which of course they will now do themselves, so I am left with higher end (very difficult but more profiatable) requirements so i can still make money. the only problem is that having spent 3 years paying and training her she suddenly got the hang of it and then f**ked off. I have now got to do the work myself and at the same time find, hire and train a replacement.
    Last edited by DodgyAgent; 14 April 2011, 14:09.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      I am hardly going to try and invoke that.
      So why put it in then? Or is it a case of not wanting to jeopardise the relationship with the client? I mean, I would guess that if they are willing to steal your pet monkeys without so much as a how's your father that they don't particularly value their relationship with you, so unless they are likely to remain a worthwhile revenue stream you might as well piss on their chips.

The only problem is that having spent 3 years paying and training her she suddenly got the hang of it and then f**ked off. I have now got to do the work myself and at the same time find, hire and train a replacement
      She won't last long if it's taken her 3 years to learn to make a decent cuppa
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Mmmmmm.

Poached account manager.

One of my favourites.

Mmmmmmmm.
        Pass the salt 'n' pepper please!
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Plan B. Proof reading and correcting marketing material for Bob Co.'s attempting to get into the UK Market.

Much Quickness, Plenty Expensiveness for all your language doings!
          ftfy
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            So why put it in then? Or is it a case of not wanting to jeopardise the relationship with the client? I mean, I would guess that if they are willing to steal your pet monkeys without so much as a how's your father that they don't particularly value their relationship with you, so unless they are likely to remain a worthwhile revenue stream you might as well piss on their chips.

She won't last long if it's taken her 3 years to learn to make a decent cuppa
            She did other things too
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I am hardly going to try and invoke that. The problem is that most of the candidates were sourced from linkedin which of course they will now do themselves, so I am left with higher end (very difficult but more profiatable) requirements so i can still make money. the only problem is that having spent 3 years paying and training her she suddenly got the hang of it and then f**ked off. I have now got to do the work myself and at the same time find, hire and train a replacement.
              you sound like a permie! ...oh wait....
              sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

She did other things too
                Presumably she'll keep doing those though? Or did you pay her for that as well?
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                X