• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mid-life crisis : What comes first?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Oooh. The Gazelle was the first rotary I ever set foot inside. Army Air-Corps friend of the family. I was a wide-eyed 14yr old utterly fascinated by helicopters. Beautiful bit of kit. I've seen one being swung gracefully round a hangar at almost 60deg at Catterick, no more than 30' up. Nutters.
    Try sitting in the backseat, instructor plus PIC with no instrument rating and his outside view of the world blanked.

'what attitude is the aircraft in?'

Straight and level flight'

Actually we're dropping out the sky at a rate of knots with a 50 degree bank angle. Then there's autorotation trials when the drive to the rotors is disengaged.

The pooch knows about this stuff.

I was happiest sitting in the backseat of a Buccanneer doing the Great Glen run low enough over Loch Ness to leave a wake induced by the pressure wave.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Surely the younger lady bit on the side, while wanting to be first, would only be attracted by the porshe and lure of the sugar daddy high life?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Is it not the case that there are old pilots & there are bold pilots?
        And balding mid-life crisis pilots.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
          Try sitting in the backseat, instructor plus PIC with no instrument rating and his outside view of the world blanked.

'what attitude is the aircraft in?'

Straight and level flight'

Actually we're dropping out the sky at a rate of knots with a 50 degree bank angle. Then there's autorotation trials when the drive to the rotors is disengaged.

The pooch knows about this stuff.

I was happiest sitting in the backseat of a Buccanneer doing the Great Glen run low enough over Loch Ness to leave a wake induced by the pressure wave.
          Happy landings!

Keep us informed on the conversion training. Btw, what're you going for?

Comment

Working...
          X