• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mid-life crisis : What comes first?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Yep, I did hear you say that... you're full of surprises. That's a tad more impressive than a Porsche!
    Anything is more impressive than a souped up beetle
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      No regrets

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        Is it that followed by the Ferrari, the 18 year old nymphet, the motorbike, the yacht, the island in the Caribbean?
        I'm still working on that phase

Comment

Come fly with me...

Once I'm done training, ever flown under power lines?
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Come fly with me...

Once I'm done training, ever flown under power lines?
            Aye why not... Let's see if you can barrel roll and fly through upside-down.

if you're going to go anyway, it may as well be in a spectacular fireball.

Comment

Let's see if you can barrel roll and fly through upside-down.
              Hmmm, something more challenging perhaps...
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Hmmm, something more challenging perhaps...
                I have a funny feeling you're being serious! I'm a great fan of flight - always loved aircraft and it's an ambition to take the controls one day. Going on a half-hour tour over the capital in this baby in May and really looking forward to it (image load failure, see blue EC120 in the main header here: http://www.cabairhelicopters.com/index.htm)

Last edited by realityhack; 9 April 2011, 22:23. Reason: Found it.

Comment

I have a funny feeling you're being serious! I'm a great fan of flight - always loved aircraft and it's an ambition to take the controls one day. Going on a half-hour tour over the capital in this baby in May and really looking forward to it (image load failure, see blue EC120 in the main header here: http://www.cabairhelicopters.com/index.htm)

I hope they'll let you have some stick time on that baby. Never got into rotary much although got some time logged. I won't mention (again), the time I wrote off a Gazelle...

Me, me, me...

Comment

Oooh. The Gazelle was the first rotary I ever set foot inside. Army Air-Corps friend of the family. I was a wide-eyed 14yr old utterly fascinated by helicopters. Beautiful bit of kit. I've seen one being swung gracefully round a hangar at almost 60deg at Catterick, no more than 30' up. Nutters.

Comment

Also, I was walked through the controls and procedure in an AH.7:

Comment

Working...
                      X