• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Weekend is Here!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    "I think you're Swell"

I like the introduction on that one.
    Cool.

I like "Turn my back on you" and "Gonna type a letter". Old school '50s me.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
      Cool.

I like "Turn my back on you" and "Gonna type a letter". Old school '50s me.
      I'll check them out, be good to have a few Billy Fury numbers in there.

Also added "Dynamite" from Cliff Richard and the Shadows. That's a cool 50's number. I love the way the Shadows played back then. "She's Gone" is another forgotten gem, with Hank Marvin's licks, a cool laid back swing beat and Jet Harris's menacing bass.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        I'll check them out, be good to have a few Billy Fury numbers in there.

Also added "Dynamite" from Cliff Richard and the Shadows. That's a cool 50's number. I love the way the Shadows played back then. "She's Gone" is another forgotten gem, with Hank Marvin's licks, a cool laid back swing beat and Jet Harris's menacing bass.
        Good stuff. The best Cliff tracks I reckon were "Apron Strings" and "High Class Baby" which has the added benefit of not sounding like Cliff at all.

Also by Billy Fury "Don't Knock Upon My Door". Top track.
        Last edited by Lockhouse; 8 April 2011, 11:46.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
        X