• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New tax year, New divies. What will you be doing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Probably cheaper than maintaining a girlfriend or wife.....
    Yeah PAYG, no contract. Plus the 'golf courses' are always open, and you can play all 3 holes if you want.

I'll probably be helping fund my parents moving into a bungalow now they're too old and knackered to use stairs easily. Trying to delay them via renting first, to see if prices come down significantly in the next year or so. I dread the thought of piling my hard earned into bricks and mortar to see it in 'negative equity' within weeks.

Then again with real inflation outstripping interest rates by a significant margin, maybe cash or normal savings aren't a good idea either.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Well done. On your way to property millionairedom.
      Thanks! The kebab shop it's on top of is not at all smelly.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Since I aim to avoid paying higher rate tax, and want to put 10k into my and my wife's ISAs (also saving for a deposit on a house), I ironically find myself in the position of figuring out what to do with company profits, while having to live fairly sensibly.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Since I aim to avoid paying higher rate tax, and want to put 10k into my and my wife's ISAs (also saving for a deposit on a house), I ironically find myself in the position of figuring out what to do with company profits, while having to live fairly sensibly.
          2 way warchest -
          1) Your own personal savings
          2) Profits left in the company for a rainy day

Comment

Buy and sell Shell, BP, United Utilities, ARM. If you are able to ride the waves for those then you will make a fortune. I have bought and sold Shell 2 times in the last 6 months. However made quite a loss on a bad recommendation of Randgold Resources. Also try out BATS and IMT.
            That's from pure ISA share dealing or are you dipping your toes into spread betting as well (can't remember from the other threads)?
            In any case I was going to ask about BP too, as it does sound sensible to look into it...

Comment

Probably cheaper than maintaining a girlfriend or wife.....
              You've met my Ex then?
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by xchaotic View Post
                That's from pure ISA share dealing or are you dipping your toes into spread betting as well (can't remember from the other threads)?
                In any case I was going to ask about BP too, as it does sound sensible to look into it...
                I don't do spread betting only ISA share dealing. BP and Shell are great shares to get when they go down. I managed to buy Shell at their recent dip and just sold them a couple of days ago when they were at the top (though they may yet go much higher).

Comment

2) Profits left in the company for a rainy day
                  OR

Funds left in the company to fund retirement, PRE-retirement age
                  It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
                    OR

Funds left in the company to fund retirement, PRE-retirement age
                    Though perhaps it would be better investing it (e.g. property) if you have the additional allowance e.g. via a partner.

Comment

Though perhaps it would be better investing it (e.g. property) if you have the additional allowance e.g. via a partner.
                      Agree with that opinion 100% - money left in cash is effectively a negative investment that is bound to lose value against anything else with govts printing money as quickly as they do now.

Comment

Working...
                      X