• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The next German Chancellor will be a Green

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RWE have already started court action against the government for planning to shut down the nuclear power stations due to them being afraid of the Greens. Power prices are expected to rise some 10% once they do start shutting them down, if they win the multiple court cases, and then the Greens will start seeing the backlash from Hermann Public. The Greens themselves have no real policies, just ride on the coattails of the parties they form a coalition with and push their idealogues onto an unsuspecting party without realising the consequences, much like the Liberals (Social Democrats in the UK and FDP in Germany.) Already we're seeing here tha tthe FDP are hitting problems with their Chairman and the vice-chancellor resigning and we'll see that with the Greens. Bunch of woolly jumper wearing beardie lentil eating pushbike riding yurt living plonkers.

(BTW, the Greens don't like wind power as it causes noise and environmental pollution!)
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      The Green manifesto isn't a middle argument, it's pretty extreme actually.
      Yes, and then it gets toned down when they have to form a coalition with either CDU/CSU, who represent industry that employs people, or SPD, who represent people employed by industry and possibly including FDP, who represent free market businesspeople.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        RWE have already started court action against the government for planning to shut down the nuclear power stations due to them being afraid of the Greens. Power prices are expected to rise some 10% once they do start shutting them down, if they win the multiple court cases, and then the Greens will start seeing the backlash from Hermann Public. The Greens themselves have no real policies, just ride on the coattails of the parties they form a coalition with and push their idealogues onto an unsuspecting party without realising the consequences, much like the Liberals (Social Democrats in the UK and FDP in Germany.) Already we're seeing here tha tthe FDP are hitting problems with their Chairman and the vice-chancellor resigning and we'll see that with the Greens. Bunch of woolly jumper wearing beardie lentil eating pushbike riding yurt living plonkers.

(BTW, the Greens don't like wind power as it causes noise and environmental pollution!)
        Ultimately the greens, just like the FDP can't hope to achieve more than a coalition with a sensible party that wants to maintain Germany's industrial strength.

Comment

Exactly it is turning gradually but surely into a f**** mess. The greens aren't in yet and RWE is already "we'll see you in court, and if you're not careful we'll switch the lights off" mode.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

I misread this thread title I thought it said Queen, not Green
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
              I misread this thread title I thought it said Queen, not Green
              Put the kettle on, dear. This is where men discuss weighty issues of international importance.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Put the kettle on, dear. This is where men discuss weighty issues of international importance.

Yeah, don't worry I didn't actually read it, I have nothing useful to add, I just thought having a big trannie as the leader would be funny

Sugar?
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Yeah, don't worry I didn't actually read it, I have nothing useful to add, I just thought having a big trannie as the leader would be funny

Sugar?
                  Yes please, and milk, and two digestive biscuits if it's not too much trouble Miss Maith.

Comment

I'd also point out that if the chairman of RWE would rather take the government of Europe's biggest economy to court than sit down with them to work out alternatives for future energy supply, then he shouldn't be running that company as he's neglecting the long term interests of his shareholders.

I'm sure there are other companies just jumping at the prospect of grabbing chunks of RWE's share in energy production.

Comment

Sugar?
                      Well although Guido Westerwelle (vice chancellor, soon not to be, of Germany) is not a trannie, he does lean the other way (along with the mayor of Berlin.)
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X