• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£40 voucher for Virgin wines

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Laithewaites and Virgin wine is tulipe. Sourced from the same crappy vineyards.
    And if you knew anything about wine you would know that corked wine is not necessarily superior to screw-top. In fact it doesn't matter.

HTH, but IDI
    I must say I was a virgin wine member, but as you say, found all their wine "not to my taste", some of revolting infact, and so soon gave them the boot. I like to buy my wine from the vintage section in Waitrose which is 5 minutes from my house.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
      I've had so many wank wines for under a fiver at Tesco, than good ones...
      If you consider that the duty on a bottle of wine is about £3 regardless of quality when you buy a £5 pound bottle you're buying tulipe.
      HTH
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        I must say I was a virgin wine member, but as you say, found all their wine "not to my taste", some of revolting infact, and so soon gave them the boot. I like to buy my wine from the vintage section in Waitrose which is 5 minutes from my house.
        Some of it is unacceptably bad. But it's packaged and marketed well so appeals to the ignorant wannabes.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Some of it is unacceptably bad. But it's packaged and marketed well so appeals to the ignorant wannabes.
          That's why I posted the voucher here.

Captive audience.

(plus I get a 10% kickback on every penny spent).

Comment

Laithewaites and Virgin wine is tulipe. Sourced from the same crappy vineyards.
            And if you knew anything about wine you would know that corked wine is not necessarily superior to screw-top. In fact it doesn't matter.
            I said I like corks better, I didn't make any comment on how they affect the wine. Since opening the wine is part of the pleasure though, it makes a difference.

Saying Virgin/Laithwaites are the same because they have the same owner is like saying these are equivalent:

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              I said I like corks better, I didn't make any comment on how they affect the wine. Since opening the wine is part of the pleasure though, it makes a difference.

Saying Virgin/Laithwaites are the same because they have the same owner is like saying these are equivalent:

Yep - agree. They have different buyers / marketeers / systems / call centre. Direct Wines just happen to have bought Virgin.

I drink a fair bit of Laithwaites wines - IMO some are pretty good for the price.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

So you think Laithwaites is like a Jag? Or is that Virgin?
                It's mugs like you marketing was designed for.
                Mind you you even fell for that old Jewish ad agency: the Apostles
                You truly are a spectacular moron even by CUK standards.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                  Yep - agree. They have different buyers / marketeers / systems / call centre. Direct Wines just happen to have bought Virgin.

I drink a fair bit of Laithwaites wines - IMO some are pretty good for the price.
                  Same vineyards though.
                  I haven't had a single decent Laithwaite wine in the 2 crates I sampled.
                  Mind you decent is relative - I'd call a £15 Barolo decent.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

£3.80 for a pint of stella in my local! Jesus. I'm going to be buying cheap wine instead.

Thanks for the voucher. Can you recommend the £2.99 Polish Semillion Anti Freeze?
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Same vineyards though.
                      I haven't had a single decent Laithwaite wine in the 2 crates I sampled.
                      Mind you decent is relative - I'd call a £15 Barolo decent.
                      Stopped buying off them years ago, as the quality went downhill.

Though Naked wines look a good option
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X